03

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
03

ZIZIPHO

She had to leave home for a few hours otherwise she was going to do or say things that would get her disowned.
She went to her favorite club, it is still day time so it isn’t that crowded. She starts by ordering shots and she downs them within a minute.
Now she is in the mood.

Zizipho:Put it on Qhawe Zondo’s tab. And keep them coming barman.

The barman brought out the whole bottle and she smiled to herself.
She opened it and lifted it up to her mouth and drank half of it.

Barman:Girl, you just drank half of vodka. Aren’t you scared you will burn your mouth?

Zizipho:Ngiyidela kufa Mina.

The alcohol was now in her system and she felt good. If only she knew how to get drugs, she would be snuffing some coke right now.

Zizipho:Why isn’t music playing today?

Barman:It’s early.

Zizipho:Please put on some music. I want to dance.

She says already going to the dance floor, she almost falls but holds herself.
The barman comes to her and takes her away from the floor, he helps her sit down.

Barman:I don’t know how they let you leave at home because you come here and be my problem. I’m the one who always have to worry about your safety and ensure that you are back safely at home.

Zizipho:I’m sorry, I’m just going through a lot. My father hit me.

Barman:We all have problems, but alcohol is not the solution.

Zizipho:I’m sorry for being a burden to you. I will call my brother to come and fetch me.

He took her bag and gave it to her.

Zizipho:Please call him.

He took her phone and called the number saved as “My brother”

“Ntandokazi yamama(My mother’s daughter).”

The person says.

Barman:Uhm… it’s Mandla here, I’m a barman and Zee is drunk. She can’t get home. She said I should call you and you will fetch her.

“Give her the phone”

He gave Zizipho the phone.

Zizipho:Bhuti.

“Zee what is this I hear about you being drunk?”
That was definitely Solwazi. This idiot, be called the wrong brother!

She started crying. She doesn’t know whether it was the alcohol or what.

Zizipho:Bhuti, dad hit me with his royal stick.

Solwazi:He what!?

Zizipho:Yes, he loves his young wife more than our mother. Yesterday her and Mam’Kholo were ganging up on our mother.

Solwazi:I’m coming there. Stay put.

Zizipho:But Bhuti you are in Durban.

Solwazi:I will be there in an hour or so.
.
.
.
.
.
SOLWAZI

He doesn’t like going home, but he needs to make sure that his sister is okay. And find out what happened for their father to end up hitting her. He knows Zizipho has a sharp tongue, she speaks how she likes, the only people she respect is their mother, him and Mkhonto. Others she say they need to earn her respect. Getting to Nqoboka won’t take him even two hours.