26

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
26

# Sponsored by Shilder

Solwazi drove Londiwe and Zama home. Zama stepped out of the car to give them space.

Londiwe:Thank you once again. But, I don't recall you around the neighborhood. Are you new here?

Solwazi:Yeah, about that... I need to tell you something...

Londiwe:Okay...

Solwazi:I came here to actually talk to you. The person who stabbed you, be was sent to kill you.

Londiwe:Me? I don't have anything in life, why would anyone want to kill me?

She was shocked.

Solwazi:It's not about what you have. Look, I can't tell you everything here because this is not the right place to talk. But I don't think you're safe here anymore.

Londi:My mother... She's inside...

She said already opening the door..

Solwazi followed her inside the yard.

Londi:Mama...

She shouted for her when she opened the door..

"Yini kwenzenjani?(What's wrong?)", asked a woman walking to where Londi was.

Londi:Oh you're okay...

Solwazi entered the house but stopped at his feet realizing that he didn't even knock. He doesn't want to give off a bad first impression.

Her mother looked exactly like her. It's like they are twins.

Solwazi:Sanibonani ma(Greetings ma).

He said respectfully. Londi's mother smiled and greeted her back. She told him to sit down and he did.

The house seemed decent.

Londi:Ma this is Solwazi, Solwazi this is my mother, Nontombi.

Solwazi:Nice to meet you ma.

He reached for a handshake. This was so awkward. He regrets coming into the house, but he needed to make sure that her mother was okay.

Nontombi:Nice to meet you too my son. So Londiwe is this my future son in law?

Londiwe laughs.

Londiwe:He helped take me to the hospital.

Nontombi:Hospital?

Londiwe:Before you worry, I got hurt a little but I'm fine.

Nontombi:But you were at the hospital.

Londiwe:I'm really fine mom. I don't want you to stress.

Nontombi sighed sadly. She knows she's hiding it from her, she hates being treated like a child because of her cancer. She just got a chemo, and the side effects are really kicking in. She lost her hair and she had no choice but to shave all of it off. Then there's the nausea and vomiting.

Solwazi:She's telling the truth. The doctors said it wasn't anything serious.

Nontombi:If you say so.

Solwazi kept quiet and looked at the both of them. He didn't know if he should just tell them that his family stole the throne from their family. Or should he tell them that Madida won't rest until he destroys them? It's too much, even for him. All he knows is that, it's not safe for them here. It's better if they are with him, that way he can protect them. But his house is already crowded with his family.