06

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
06

QHAWE

Hearing Solwazi speak like that yesterday, brought back the sense in his mind. He can't believe he got advice from his son on how to be a better father. He is only realizing now just how much he spent his time worrying about the kingdom and the throne, that he neglected his family. He didn't attend any meeting today, he's home and wants to spend time with them. He started with Thembeka but she told him she was going out with her friends.
His second chance was Mkhonto but he just closed the door on his face. Now he's going to Zizipho, but Eyyy he's scared.
He gathers enough strength and knock at her mother's house..

Makhumalo opens for him.

Sindiswa:Baba, I'm surprised to see you home at this time of the day.

QHAWE:Yeah, I don't have any meetings today. Is Zizipho here?

Sindiswa:Yeah.

He got inside and followed her. Zee was watching TV with her brother, Solwazi.

Qhawe:San'bona(Greetings).

Zizipho turned to him and nodded.

Solwazi cleared his throat and decided to talk because Zee was ignoring him.

Solwazi:Good day isn't it? The sun is out.

He chuckled nervously. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say.

Qhawe:Zizipho I came to ask if we can go to the mall together.

Zizipho:I don't like malls.

Qhawe:Oh okay, then what do you like?

Zizipho:You had 23 years to figure that out. If you don't know it's because you don't care.

Sindiswa:Zizipho!

She reprimanded her. Zee just shrugged her shoulders.

Qhawe kept quiet and bit his inner mouth. He wasn't sure what to do anymore.

Qhawe:Okay, I will see you all later. I have to go..

He walked out with a heavy heart.

He went to the royal seer's hut, he lives within the royal house.
It's a big yard, with many houses. You could get lost.

He took off his shoes and went inside. He sat on the mat.

Ndlovu:Nkosi yami(My king).

Qhawe:Gatsheni.

Ndlovu:Ubukeka ukhathazekile(You seem worried).

QHAWE:My soul is not at rest.

Ndlovu:Family?

Qhawe:My children hate me. None of them want to be in the same room as me. The damage is so much greater and I don't know how to fix it.

Ndlovu:They really don't like you. I've seen that too.

Qhawe:Mkhonto doesn't want anything to do with the throne, I need him to take the ropes. My time is over now. The more he delays the more it could cause trouble.

Ndlovu:By culture, Solwazi should be the one who is the heir. Let's see what the bones say.

He throws his bones and sneezes. He shakes his head.

Ndlovu:Akuhambi kahle Sokotshane(Things are not going well).

Qhawe:What's the matter?

Ndlovu:Kukhona abangeneme, bayakhala(They are not happy, and are crying).