Scars From The Past

鬼

"Look" Zuko pulled a white star from its bundle, handing it to Mio, "It's pretty, just like your eyes.  Your right one reminds me more of a sunset though," He points up to the sky, watching as the sun slowly sets, the beautiful orange, red, and pink overtaking. 

Mio sat silently, looking at the flower he was just handed, not knowing what to say back.
"Thank you" He finally spoke after a while, inhaling the heavenly aroma it emitted. 

He slowly let his head fall onto Zuko's shoulder, he at first thought the older boy would tense up, but to his delight, the Prince only smiled with a light blush on his cheeks and rested his own head on top of Mio's.

Though their peaceful moment was soon interrupted by Azula who wore a cruel smirk as she made her way closer to them. Behind her, stood Rin, Mio's twin sister, she mouthed a "sorry" to them. 

"Come on Zuzu, Mom said you have to play with us," The Princess said, not bothering to look at them as she examined her nails. 

Zuko groaned in annoyance and stood back up, offering a helping hand to pull Mio onto his feet. 

Azula rolled her eyes and grabbed Rin's hand, dragging her back to where her other friends were waiting for them. 

Once they arrived, Mio faced Mai and Ty Lee with a questioning look. 

Azula instantly pulled an apple off the tree Mai was previously resting against, "Here's how it goes," She placed the ripe apple on Mai's head before running back to the others. "Try to knock the apple off the other person's head, like this" Azula gave a devilish smirk, right after shooting a small flame toward the apple, which caught on fire. And before Mai could react, Zuko threw himself onto her, causing them to fall into the fountain behind them. 

The two angrily turned to Azula, who was laughing. Her hand moved to Ty Lee's shoulder, "See, I told you it would work!"

"They look so cute together," Ty Lee commented between her giggles. Mio felt a wave of sadness wash over him at the sight. He slowly reached over to Rin's hand, seeking comfort. Azula smiled proudly, noticing his miserable expression. "Don't you think so, Mimi?" She asked, tilting her head slightly as she awaited an answer. 

Mio quickly nodded. He knew it was best to not show vulnerability around Azula or she would use his own feelings against him. There were many times were he would express himself to only be shot back down by the other girl. Thankfully, Mio had Rin tame the blue flame before things ever escalated. 

❥ 

Azula held Rin's hand tightly as she angrily glared at the ground. 

"Hey, it's going to be okay Azu. You're only going away for a few weeks, you're not going to die without me, and you'll have Mai and Ty Lee, so don't be sad" Rin tried to comfort, standing on her tippy toes to meet Azula's eyes.