Chapter 13

鬼

He may have been slightly nicer last night, but he's brutal when it comes to training. The two have been training since the crack of dawn, and Shoko would've almost earned a strike to the face if he didn't block the attack Zuko sent him.

"Stop blocking my attacks! Fight me!" Zuko shouted he was a few steps ahead of him with his fists clenched tightly. Most of the morning sessions consisted of Shoko dodging or blocking his attacks, and it was mostly because he was half asleep. The Prince's amber eyes narrowed on him and began running, kicking an arch at his head, but Shoko quickly bent his knees, lifting his right arm up and sending his own stream of fire, though Zuko easily blocked it. 

"That's better!" The Prince praised aggressively, not halting his attacks. He kept himself grounded and shot another fireball. This time, Shoko pushed his arms against the flames and twisted them so they could disperse.

The impact had shifted him back a little, so when he regained his balance, he charged straight for Zuko but yelped when the ship shifted to the side, tripping him forward into Zuko's chest. He felt the Prince's arms wrap around him and hold him still as he balanced himself for a moment, but they still fell against the metal railing. 

"Are we under attack?" Shoko asked, tightly grabbing onto Zuko's shirt but the older boy was too busy glaring at the tower on the boat. "Someone's changing our course," He noted in an annoyed tone. "Get off of me!" Shoko was shoved off once they both regained balance. He huffed and quickly turned around to stick his tongue out, watching as Zuko entered the main room, probably to argue with his Uncle. 

"Well, I might as well clean myself," He said to himself as he walked into the ship, his feet lightly clapping every time they made contact with the metal floor. Once he was in his room, he picked up his clean and dried Water Tribe clothes and walked back out to the bathroom. Iroh had granted him use while he stayed here. He started the water as steam rose, making a small smile appear on his lips. He undressed and threw the red clothes to the side, sighing loudly in relief when the warm water hit his healing wounds. 

He hated training.

He let his hair fall from his ponytail. It freaked him out, how a few weeks ago, he was hunting food for the same village that had taken and looked after him while he was hurt, and now, he's a prisoner on a fire navy, with a hotheaded Prince and his kind Uncle. Although he personally wouldn't count himself as a prisoner, considering they let him wander around without supervision. Every day he's slowly regaining his memories, but the more he thinks about it, the more he confuses himself. His memories are all scattered, and it was pointless trying to fix each piece, cause he would only end up wondering what it meant. It's weird how everything ended up like this.

He scrubbed himself with a clean white rag which laid on the counter with his other neatly folded clothes on the side, he washed everything including his hair. Once he felt he was clean enough, he stood up, water dripping down his body.