Scars From The Past 2

鬼

Mio yawned, they were sitting on the beach, watching the sun slowly set, peeking behind the sea. He rested his head on Zuko's shoulder, "I'm so sleepy, but I don't want to go home just yet."

"Neither do I" Zuko agreed and yawned as well, letting his head rest on top of Mio's. 

After a while of silence, Mio perked up as a thought crossed his mind, "Zuzu, did you know I'm only happy when I'm around you?"

"No, I didn't. But it's nice to know."

Mio closed his eyes, smiling as the fresh wind hit his face. "You're my one and only." He lifted his head and so did Zuko. He looked at his golden eyes, "Zuko, I need you to promise me something."

"Anything."

"Promise me, you will never leave me," Mio said, "I don't know what I'll do without you in my life."

Zuko smiled and kissed his forehead, "I promise."

Mio snickered with his face flushed a bright pink, he gently pulled on his ponytail, "You tie your hair up more than I do."

"Yeah, cause with your hair down, everyone recognizes you as the infamous Mad Dog."

Mio smiled fondly. He honestly never thought Mad Dog would stick. It was originally used to describe him as a freak who couldn't control his flames, but whenever Zuko said it, it never came out with a malicious intention. 

Zuko pulled a seashell from beside him and handed it over to Mio, "Here, I'd figured you'd like the sound. A piece to keep as a memory."

Mio accepted the gift and placed it next to his ear, the faint crashing sounds of waves relaxed him. 

"Let's watch the stars again." Zuko suggested and lied down, "Only with you" Mio replied. But a few moments later, both of them fell asleep without a care in the world. 

❥・❥

Lu Ten rested his back against a tree with his book in hand. When suddenly, Mio and Zuko appeared in front of him, upside down. Their legs were secured onto the tree's branch, rocking back and forth gently. The teen only jumped in surprise, "Ouch, you scared me."

Mio smiled, "What are you reading, Lu Ten?" He inquired. 

"Something about the wars," He said in a bored tone. It was already sundown, "Don't you upset your stomach after hanging like that for a while?" 

"Nope," Zuko replied, " We're used to it."

"You guys can be creepy, sometimes."