Chapter 56

鬼

Night had fallen upon them and they were unfortunately still stuck. Aang and Zuko had started a conversation a few hours ago, and soon, Rin decided to join, which drove Mio crazy.

"You had to pick up the glowing egg, didn't you?" Aang's voice was laced with a hint of annoyance and regret.

"At least I made something happen! If it were up to you, we'd never have made it past the courtyard" Zuko retorted.

Rin chose to shut her mouth as they started the topic, after all, she noticed the way her twin sent her glares. She knew him all too well, he wasn't great with controlling his anger issues.

"Can't you two just shut the fuck up?!"

There was peaceful silence for a bit or so, and then Aang began shouting out for help.

"Who are you yelling for? Nobody's lived here for centuries" Zuko groaned.

"Well, what do you think we should do?" The monk asked.

"Think about our place in the universe?" Zuko suggested, causing Mio to roll his eyes. "Seriously?" He asked, on the verge of shouting once more. "I was just suggesting something" He defended himself.

"Who is down there?" A man's voice boomed. They were all shocked when the man poured something that removed the slime. And when they all thought they were free, they realized that they were surrounded by strange looking men and woman.

"For trying to take our sunstone, you must be severely punished!" One of the men declared.

"We didn't come here to take your sunstone. We came here to find the ancient origin of all firebending" Mio explained, in a rather calm tone.

The man stepped forward. "Yeah right. They are obviously thieves, here to steal Sun Warrior treasures."

"Please, I don't normally play this card but," Aang started as he placed his palm on his chest. "I'm the Avatar. Just hear us out."

Zuko stood up, "My name is Zuko, crown Prince of the Fire Nation. O-or at least I used to be. I know my people have distorted the ways of firebending, to be fuelled by anger and rage. But now I want to learn the true way, the original way. When we came here, I didn't know the Sun Warriors civilization was secretly alive. I am truly humbled to be in your presence" When he finished, all four of them bowed their heads. "Please, teach us."

"If you wish to learn the ways of the Sun, you must learn them from the masters, Ran and Shaw," The man who freed them said.

"Ran and Shaw? There are two of them?" Aang asked.

The man walked closer to them and looked at Aang, "When you present yourself to them, they will examine you" He turned to Zuko, "They'll read your hearts, your souls, and your ancestry." This time, he turned to face both Mio and Rin, "IF they deem you worthy, they'll teach you. If they don't, you'll be destroyed on the spot."