Chapter 15

鬼

"Take your seats, everyone," Jet said and extended his arms out to the wooden table. 

Shoko stayed still while Sokka turned to him with a confused face, "Aren't you coming?" 

"Go ahead. I'm not that hungry" Shoko flashed a warm smile to reassure the others, "Stay close though."

Shoko leaned his back against the tree with his arms crossed. 

"Today, we struck another blow to the Fire Nation swine!" Jet raised his cup. Everyone cheered except for Sokka, he had his arms crossed as well with a sour expression on his face. 

"I got a special joy from the look on one soldier's face. The Duke dropped down on his helmet and rode him like a wild hog monkey."

The Duke stood on the table and laughed while skipping around a plate as everyone cheered for him. 

Shoko's lips twisted into a small smile before looking away from everyone. Zuko consumed his mind the moment his eyes shut closed. What was he doing?

The thing is, Shoko didn't want to miss Zuko, cause he mostly didn't. He only missed his company. He felt like he finally belonged with Iroh, Kuro, and the hotheaded Prince. Was it because they were firebenders? Just like him? He didn't really understand. 

Sokka suddenly grabbed onto Shoko's hand and pulled him away from the spot he was resting at. "Let's go Shoko."

"What?" 

"Sokka, you're kidding me. I need you on an important mission tomorrow" Jet called after them. Sokka immediately stopped in his tracks, earning a confused face from Shoko. "What mission?" Sokka asked as he looked over his shoulder to Jet. 

"You can join us too, Shoko," Jet said. "You'll learn how a real Freedom Fighter does it-"

"Like I would ever want to go anywhere with y-" Sokka quickly placed his hand on Shoko's mouth, interrupting him from finishing his sentence. 

"We're in" He grinned. 

❥・❥

The next day, Jet had all of them climb the trees and waited. Shoko stayed with Sokka on one branch while Jet stood on the one right below them. 

"So what exactly are we waiting for, Jet?" Shoko asked in a sassy yet bored tone. 

"Just waiting for any Fire Nation passengers" He replied, pressing his finger lightly against his lips with a wink. 

Shoko only rolled his eyes, and once Jet turned around to face forward, he pulled both of his hands out to flip him off, causing Sokka to quietly snicker.