Chapter 55

鬼

Rin sat behind Mio, gently sectioning his hair into three parts. The others all sat around the campfire, eating the dinner Katara made. But he was pulled away from his thoughts when he heard Zuko walk in. "Listen, everybody, I've got some pretty bad news. I've lost my stuff" He announced.

Toph instantly lifted her head, "Don't look at me," She crossed her arms, "I didn't touch your stuff."

"I'm talking about my firebending. It's gone."

Mio's eyes slightly widened. Great, now three skilled firebenders can't bend. Katara and Sokka both started to laugh, focusing everyone's attention on them. Zuko looked at them with an annoyed glare. "I'm sorry. I'm just laughing at the irony. You know, how it would've been nice for us if you lost your firebending a long time ago."

"Understandable" Toph turned to face Sokka, "What about you, boomerang brain?"

"I'm laughing at our situation" Sokka started, "We have three firebenders and all three of them lost their bending. Aang, dude, you're a very unlucky person."

Rin's eye twitched, "Shut up! At least I can still fight better than you!"

Sokka scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Not a chance! I'd like to see you try!"

This time, Zuko's eyes widened, "Wait, Mio and Rin lost their firebending as well?"

Sokka nodded, not before sending a glare at Rin as he stuck his tongue out like a little boy. "Yeah, Rin said she needs to find out who she truly is and blah blah. But all I understood from Mio is that his firebending source was his love towards-"

Right before he could finish his sentence, Mio sent a large glob of water toward him, pushing him across the temple.

"Spirits, shut up!"

Everyone's eyes widened, slightly startled at the loud scream.

"Hey, that hurt!"

Zuko flinched when Mio turned to face him, glaring straight into his golden eyes. "What happened to you...?" He whispered, taking a few steps forward. "You weren't like this."

Mio scoffed, standing up. "That little innocent boy you knew back then as kids, is gone, Zuko! I tried to get rid of him but I couldn't no matter how much I tried! But you, you managed to kill him with only a sentence. So thanks, Zuzu. Thanks for all the pain you've caused me. I just love feeling like an inhuman monster who's only capable of killing!"

Without another word, he walked off, head held high and proud. He felt a familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach, it twisted horribly, making him nauseous. Rin remained sitting on the ground, she gave Mikoto a small nod. Taking it as a sign, he stood up, glaring down at Zuko as he passed him.

❥・❥

He finally found him after a good amount of wandering around the temple. He sat on the edge with his legs dangling over, kicking them up and down as he stared off into space.