Chapter 29

鬼

Calm music played as the petite girl danced around her room. Her dress twirled with every movement she made, the elegant blood-red material brushing ever so slightly against her toes. Her silk brown hair brushed against her smooth cheeks, wild bangs sticking to her sweaty forehead. 

Her eyes were closed tightly, as if she was trying to clear her head and block out any noise from outside, knowing it was only her and her music. But that was quickly ruined when she heard the door open from behind her. Her eyes snapped open, her smooth and delicate fingers forming fire-like daggers. 

A pretty girl stood before her, dressed in elegant armor only a royal could ever own, "It's good to see you haven't changed, Rin."

Rin loosened her stance, taking in Azula's appearance. They hadn't talked for a week, since Azula was tasked with a serious mission to find Iroh and Zuko. The short girl began to think up many ridiculous scenarios as to why the Princess was there.

Azula would never betray her father, or even think twice about his commands. As much as she'd enjoyed the thought, it would never play out. Iroh and Zuko could be dead. Holy crap, no that'd be horrible, Azula wouldn't be greeting her with a smile if that were to happen. Rin's mind continued racing with endless possibilities until she halted.

The girl lowered her fingers from her chin and looked over to face her, "Azula!" Rin moved forward and embraced the royal in front of her. Quickly, her smile turned into a confused look as she drew back from said Princess. "Why are you here? I thought you went to capture your brother and Uncle. Have you succeeded already?"

Azula let out an amused chuckle, "I realized if I wanted to capture Zuko and Iroh, I'd have to travel with a smaller team" Azula looked deep into Rin's eyes, a determined glint in her bright amber eyes. "What do you say? Join me to visit Ty Lee?"

Rin nodded quickly, with no ounce of hesitation in her response. Her shoulder-length hair bounced. "Anything for you, Azula."

❥・❥

"Why are you joining Zuzu and Uncle? My father didn't banish you" A young Azula asked, watching in anger as her best friend continued packing. 

"Because, Zuko's hurt, and someone needs to be there for him. He's also my friend and I don't want him to feel lonely at sea! It could also give me a chance to look around for Mimi, it's only been a few years, he could still be out there" An innocent Rin responded, messily throwing clothes into her bag. It's been years since she last visited her palace, and the first thing she witnessed was her Mother crying on the floor and her Father telling her that Mio had just up and left without an explanation. She knew her brother wouldn't do that. Ever. Azula let out a growl, the mere thought of her best friend choosing her brother over her made her skin boil.