Chapter 19

鬼

Yesterday, Sokka started with a bad cough until it broke out into a full-blown fever. Katara, who loved being the mother of the bunch, took care of her brother, basically doing whatever she could to make him feel slightly better. 

Shoko would rather sleep outside as far as he could so as to not catch the cold. If you couldn't tell, he hated the thought of someone taking care of him and being stuck in bed all day. 

Sokka was currently laying on Appa, tucked in his sleeping bag with Katara by his side. She crawled over to him and put a small rag on his head, "This should bring your fever down."

Sokka was coughing, sweating, shaking, and had a runny nose. Just what Shoko hated. 

"You know what I love about Appa the most?" Sokka started slowly, his voice was somewhat deeper thanks to his snotty nose. "His sense of humor."

"That's nice. I'll tell him" Katara replied softly. Appa roared which caused Sokka to laugh, "Classic Appa."

Shoko had his arms crossed while he leaned against the wall, "You're improving so much Sokka!" He shouted in a sarcastic tone. 

"I'm back."

Shoko's head turned to Aang who walked in with his staff in hand. "So, Sokka's doing better?" Shoko shook his head, "The same, unfortunately." Aang frowned and made his way over to the Water Tribe siblings. "How's Sokka doing?"

"Not so good," Katara informed. "Being out in that storm really did a number on him."

"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea. But I found a map."

Shoko raised a brow and watched Aang kneel down on the floor so he could extend the map out properly. He jumped onto his feet and walked over to the bald boy. 

"There's a herbalist institute on the top of that mountain." Both boys shifted their heads to look up. Where the supposed herbalist was located at. "We could probably find a cure for Sokka there."

"Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow" Katara said. Shoko shook his head and gave her an uncertain look, and just as he suspected, Katara began to cough repeatedly. 

Shoko practically shouted as he backed away, "No, no, no, no! Please not me, I'll be worse than Sokka!" 

"Not you too," Aang said disappointedly

"Relax. It was just a little cough. I'm fine-" She coughed again, but this time with a little more force. Shoko pressed his hands together, "If I go down, the Fire Nation comes with me."

"That's how Sokka started yesterday! Now look at him! He thinks he's an earthbender!"

They all turned to face Sokka, who weakly punched the air and then crossed his arms, "Take that you rock!"