Chapter 47

I'm really sorry for dissapearing like that 😭 I've just been a bit busy with school since important tests are coming up quickly and i've started writing a new book! I know, I know, I haven't even finished this one but I really like the other one,...

I'm really sorry for dissapearing like that 😭 I've just been a bit busy with school since important tests are coming up quickly and i've started writing a new book! I know, I know, I haven't even finished this one but I really like the other one, even so, no one needs to worry, I won't be publishing that book until I'm 100% done with this one!

Mio looked off to the sky. Sokka had shared his brilliant plan for the invasion. He was nervous, to say the least. Mikoto had set to off the resistance, where Rin mostly is at as well, leaving him a panicked mess. He wasn't paying attention to what Sokka and Toph were currently discussing until Katara's voice rang in and out of his ears.

"And we're here four days ahead of schedule."

"Wait! Four days!" Aang and Mio both shout out at the same time. They looked at each other with anxious expressions. "The invasion's in four days?"

Sokka yawned, "Whatever. That's like four days from now. Let's just calm down and-" At that instant, he fell asleep and began snoring loudly, not wasting a second to fall asleep.

"Sokka's got the right idea, Aang. We're here. We're ready. The best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest" Katara advised as she lied down.

"I guess," Aang muttered to himself.

Mio pulled his knees closer to his chest, looking off to his fan displayed in front of him. He wouldn't ever admit it to anyone, but he was scared. He was always scared. Since a kid. His Father constantly managed to get on his nerves, yet he could never do anything unless he would like to sleep outside for the whole night. Which wasn't as bad as he first thought, but now... his Father was promoted as Fire Lord Ozai's second in command. Obviously, he grew stronger over time.

And neither Mikoto nor Rin were here to calm his anxiety.

It wore down him down.

All the anger he felt toward his Father now vanished and switched to fear.

Everyone feared his Father. He knew it the second a Commander approached the man at a meeting, he struck fear in even the strongest. Azula idolized him. Sure, she did anything her Father tasked her to do. But she found comfort in Admiral Wu. He made her feelas if she were his daughter. Her own Father was too busy running the Fire Nation and seeking control of other Nations across the world, so it was only natural to find comfort in someone who shows you the slightest attention.

Wu was never satisfied with anyone or anything. But when it came to Azula, he treated her like the most precious gem in the world. He cared for her and taught her everything she knows to this day.

Mio was never enough. Whatever he did was always not enough.

Spending his entire day with firebending masters to contain his wild flames was not enough.

He reminded him too much of her.

That cursed woman.

Taila.