Chapter 10

The next day, Miliy heard the sound of JLTVs approaching the village.

Again, she anticipated to be Towson, but thanks to her sense of smell and hearing. Towson wasn't around.

Instead it was a US Marine major meeting with the village elders.

She was about to walk away when the major mentioned about building a Marine Corps base close to the village.

Miliy's curiosity got the better of her, and she couldn't resist eavesdropping on the conversation between the US Marine major and the village elders. She quietly moved closer, trying to catch every word that was spoken.

The major explained the purpose of establishing a Marine Corps base near the village. He emphasized that it was not only for military operations but also for fostering a stronger bond between the Marines and the local community. The base would serve as a hub for joint training exercises, humanitarian efforts, and cultural exchange programs.

Listening intently, Miliy's ears perked up when the major mentioned the possibility of fostering relationships with the Demi-Human wolf village. He spoke of mutual cooperation, sharing knowledge and resources, and providing assistance when needed.

The village elders expressed their concerns, fearing that the presence of a military base might disrupt their way of life or pose a threat to their community. They emphasized the importance of maintaining the peaceful coexistence they had enjoyed for generations.

The major listened attentively, understanding the elders' worries. He reassured them that the Marine Corps was committed to respecting their culture, traditions, and autonomy. He spoke of the potential benefits the base could bring, such as enhanced security, economic opportunities, and access to resources that could help support and develop the village.

Miliy's heart raced as she processed the information. The idea of a Marine Corps base near her village brought a mix of excitement and uncertainty. She pondered the potential opportunities it could provide for her people, as well as the potential challenges and changes it might bring.

As the conversation drew to a close, the village elders agreed to further discussions with the major and his team. They recognized the importance of finding a balance between preserving their way of life and embracing progress that could benefit their community.

With a newfound sense of curiosity and a flurry of thoughts running through her mind, Miliy quietly slipped away from the scene. She knew that these discussions would shape the future of her village and her own journey. She couldn't help but wonder what role she might play in this unfolding story and how it might bring her closer to Towson once again.

Filled with hope and a renewed sense of purpose, Miliy retreated into the depths of the forest, ready to explore the path that lay ahead and the opportunities that awaited her and her village.

The following four days later, Marines from the US, South Korea, New Russia and Mexico built the a Firebase near the village.

The villagers did get a chance to either chat or assist some of the Marines.

It was then Miliy's heart skipped a beat as she caught the familiar scent that she had longed for. Without hesitation, she sprinted towards the officers' tent, hoping with all her might that her instincts were correct.

As she arrived at the tent, her eyes widened in joy and disbelief. There, standing before her, was Anthony Towson, now a 2nd Lieutenant and is 28 years old. He had aged a bit since she last saw him, but his presence was still as comforting as ever.

"Towson!" Miliy exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement. She leaped towards him, wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace. Towson, equally surprised and overjoyed, returned the hug, a wide smile spreading across his face.