Chapter 58

In the distance, the faint rumble of various vehicle engines could be heard approaching Alsace Village. David, Mina, Keith and Alicia spotted them from the gate.

"Here comes our troops." David said as the American(led by Anthony), Japanese(led by Itami), Ukrainian(led by Stepan) Marines, URK soldiers(led by a Amazonian Scout Officer) and Soronox Union(led by Keith) soldiers moved in.

Kurono and the others watched the convoy of vehicles drive through the gate and stopped in front of the main camp.

"What's the situation?" David asked.

"We're going to start a defensive in three days. Also, allied forces secured a beach head." Stepan replied.

"Which beach?"

"Carentan."

"That's a good thing, right?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah. But many lives were lost to secure it." Itami answered.

"But if we secure Carentan, we're closer to the main point." Keith added.

"Yeah, I'm aware. But at the cost of forty special forces troops that were tasked to distract and kill a Apostle that was stationed by Carentan. Only two survived the assault and brought the head of the Apostle. We can assume that the Apostles will be harder to defeat and they are a huge threat." Anthony said.

"I have some news too uhh, Captain," Kurono said as he joined the group getting some looks from the Americans and Ukrainians. But the Japanese recognized him due to his untimely death that was reported on the national news back on Earth 2019.

"What is it?" Stepan asked.

Kurono cleared his throat. And told his story to the Marines. Most were shocked, some were sympathetic, and some. Mainly the Japanese. Were even more pissed off towards the Cross Army.

The reports of randomly dying Japanese people in past became clear. They were isekai'd. And were tortured and turned into weapons and mindless slaves.

"This is outrageous," Anthony said. "It is one thing for the Cross Army to torture and brainwash those people, but to turn them into weapons and use them. That's just... Sick."

"Agreed," Kurono said. "My party and I are ready for the battle. We will help fight off the Cross Army."

"Thank you, Kurono-san," Itami said. "You are welcome to join us."

"Yes, sir. Also, we're not just going to be fighting the Cross Army. We are also going to have a few... Allies." Simon said.

"What allies?" Anthony asked.

"The Spada Army, from Spada." Simon answered as Stepan raised an eyebrow.

"The Spada Army?" Alicia asked. "What the hell is the Spada Army?"

"Spada is a city farther away from here. But they're divided three different sections based on living conditions. The rich aristocats live in the safe inner section around the royal castle. Ordinary citizens or traveling adventurers live the lowermost unprotected section of the city." Simon answered.

"What about the poor or the refugees?" Keith asked.

"Well, the slums is a bit of a no-go. But there are places for the poor to stay in."

"So when are we meeting the Spada Army?" David asked.

"Probably-" Irina was about say when Vincent rushed in holding his spotter, a URK soldier.

"V? I thought I told you two-" Anthony and many others froze and saw that the URK soldier had a light arrow embedded into his eye and neck.

"Shit!" Someone said.