Chapter 26

We later see Stepan and Artem doing a patrol in the forest.

As Stepan and Artem ventured into the dense forest, their senses sharpened, and they moved with the natural ease of seasoned warriors. Their conversation continued in Ukrainian, a language that connected them to their shared history and deepened their understanding of one another.

"Ти пам'ятаєш, Артем," Stepan began, his voice tinged with nostalgia, "як ми вперше потрапили до цього світу? Це було непередбачуване пригоди."

Artem chuckled, recalling the initial shock of their arrival in this unfamiliar realm. "Так, старший брат, це було дуже дивно. Ми приземлилися в тому, що здається, інші світи та часи. Нам довелося швидко адаптуватися."

Stepan nodded, his gaze scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger. "Ми навчилися багато під час наших пригод, і зустріли багато незвичайних союзників."

"Так, як наші американські і південнокорейські товариші," Artem added. "Також, пам'ятаєш, коли ми опинилися серед казкових створінь і битви з чарівниками? Я не думав, що колись це побачу."

"Це були найнезвичайніші моменти нашого життя," Stepan agreed. "Цей світ надає нам неймовірні виклики, але разом ми завжди знаходимо спосіб подолати їх."

The forest, with its tall trees and hidden mysteries, served as a backdrop to their conversation. They continued to share their thoughts, experiences, and concerns, bonded not only by blood but by the shared trials and triumphs of their military service.

"Незважаючи на всі труднощі, що перешкоджають нам, ми завжди вперед," Stepan said with determination. "Ми несемо відповідальність за тих, кого ми залишили вдома, і за наших товаришів військових."

Artem's gaze was filled with a sense of purpose as he responded, "Так, і нічого не зупинить нас у виконанні наших обов'язків і захисту наших союзників. Ми - Кравчуки, і ми завжди стоїмо разом."

And with their shared determination, the Kravchuk brothers continued their patrol, vigilant and ready for whatever challenges this unfamiliar world might bring. Their bond, forged through the crucible of military service, would guide them through the trials of this new reality.

At night, they were taking a quick nap when they were awoken by enemies approaching. Similar to the aforementioned women soldiers, this new group was armed with WW2-era equipment.

"Oh shit, які файле," Stepan said as he and Artem saw the large group of troops.

"Ти виведи свою групу і оточи їх. Яка ж у мене вроджена інтуїція," Stepan spoke quietly as he stealthily moved to an embankment overlooking the entire encirclement of enemies. Artem watched his brother as Stepan placed his HK416 on the snow. "Піди сюди, Артем. Чого так довго?" Stepan said to his brother as he continued to watch.

Artem also stealthily moved close to his brother as Stepan used his HK416 to clear some snow, providing a clear line of fire.

"Повні магазини в моєму рюкзаку," Stepan said as he watched about 120+ soldiers moving slowly through the thick ankle-deep snow. "Коли я їх висиплю, ти їх заповниш. Але завжди класти заповнені поруч із заповненими, щоб вони не переплуталися з порожніми." Stepan looked back at his younger brother. "Просто будь спокійний. І нам тут немає чого боятися. Скоро вони повинні переживати, але не ми."