Chapter 33

A few days later, we see USMC Captains Anthony Towson and Jacob Rawlins with Ukrainian Marine Corps Major Stepan Kravchuk leading about 250 Marines in formation with covering tanks front.

Positioned strategically with tanks providing cover at the front, the group exuded an air of readiness and focus as they prepared for their mission.

Anthony and Jacob exchanged nods, silently communicating their readiness to Major Stepan Kravchuk, acknowledging the significance of the upcoming task. Each officer brought a unique set of skills and experiences, united by their commitment to the mission's success.

The Marines, standing in formation with disciplined precision, showcased their training and dedication. Each soldier bore the weight of the impending mission with determination, their focus unwavering as they awaited orders from the leadership.

As the trio discussed the strategy and prepared the troops, the atmosphere was charged with a sense of anticipation and readiness. The gravity of the mission ahead was palpable, yet the officers and Marines stood resolute, ready to face the challenges in their path.

"That was A-20s. Thunderbolt III, baby. Those things are fucking tank and dragon killers. That shit's a fucking monster." Said Kuribayashi as watches the newly built Fairchild Republic A-20 Thunderbolt III. A upgrade of the older Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II that the USAF gave to the USMC.

 A upgrade of the older Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II that the USAF gave to the USMC

"Yeah, no shit, Kuribayashi." Said a US Marine named Corporal Kurt Fowler.

"Off they go into the wide blue yonder. Let's go, zoomies! Let's drop that righteous hand of God and Buddha on those demons!" Kuribayashi continued as she ran ahead breaking formation.

David saw this and got mad with the petite Japanese SSgt., "Kuribayashi, get back in formation!"

Kuribayashi didn't hear him and continued to run, "They're about to drop those bombs!"

"Kuribayashi, stay in position!" Said Jacob looking annoyed.

Kuribayashi didn't listen and still ran, "They're gonna drop the hand of God all over the demons!"

"Kuribayashi, stay in your formation!" Now Anthony was getting annoyed.

"Yeah!" Kuribayashi cheered but stopped running as the two A-20s are flying back.

"Kuribayashi, get..." Stepan slowly stop to as he saw the A-20s flying back.

Kuribayashi looked back at everyone with a confused expression, "Are they supposed to come back?"

"Get in format-!" Jacob didn't finish as Anthony put his hand on his shoulder with a worried look.

Everyone also stopped with most having a worried or fearful expression.

Their fears were slowly answering as Kuribayashi begins to back away. Then slowly starts to run while glancing at the two A-20s.

That are coming towards the Marines!