Chapter 28

We open up to a month later. The conflict between the Que-Tourne Empire and the alliances is still somewhat going on.

Right now we see some lands or former cities turned into POW camps with either Chinese, Japanese, Ukrainians or Canadian soldiers as guards.

Even though the soldiers are not on Earth anymore, they still follow the Geneva Convention and rules of war when treating POWs.

Farrah found herself sharing meals and having small chats with soldiers from various backgrounds. Some, like her, had fought bravely before surrendering, while others had been part of mass surrenders. The conversations were often a mix of gestures, simplified language, and the universal language of camaraderie.

As the soldiers adapted to their new reality in these camps, they formed bonds and friendships that transcended borders and conflicts. They shared stories of their past, dreams for the future, and even jokes that spanned across their diverse languages. It was a strange but humanizing experience in the midst of the turmoil.

Farrah and her fellow soldiers had learned to cope with their captivity, finding solace in the company of their fellow prisoners. It was a reminder that even in the harshest of circumstances, the connections between people could bring a glimmer of hope and resilience.

Meanwhile in a FOB way farther than the frontlines, we see USMC Captains Anthony Towson and Jacob Rawlins in a briefing room with other Marines from New Russia, New China, Ukraine, South Korea and the Philippines.

"Settle down, Marines." Called Lieutenant General William R. Cole as all the Marines got up and stood at attention. "Good afternoon, Marines."

"Good afternoon, sir!"

"I say again. Good afternoon, Marines!" Cole repeated.

The Marine officers responded with a resounding chorus of "GOOD AFTERNOON, SIR!" standing at attention as Lieutenant General William R. Cole addressed them in the briefing room.

"Thank you, Marines. At ease," General Cole ordered, and the officers relaxed from their rigid stances.

"As you are well aware," General Cole began, "the situation on this world remains complex and challenging. Our alliance is still engaged in a protracted conflict with the Que-Tourne Empire. Their forces remain formidable, but together, we have made significant progress. Today, I want to discuss the latest developments in our strategy and operations."

The room was filled with the low hum of discussion as the Marine officers listened intently, knowing that the information shared in this briefing could affect the course of their ongoing battle against the Que-Tourne Empire.

A Russian 2nd Lieutenant raises his hand, "We can do bombing runs at their key military locations."

"I wouldn't count on that." Major Solovyov said, "From what I got from a female knight named Seraphina and her knights said that many of their locations hold slaves. Meaning if just bomb one of them, it could lead to innocents getting killed."

Major Solovyov's explanation made the officers ponder the consequences of such bombing runs more deeply. After a moment of thoughtful silence, Captain Jacob Rawlins spoke up.

"We can't risk harming innocent lives, even if they're in servitude to the enemy," he said. "We need to find a way to neutralize their military without causing undue harm to civilians."

General Cole nodded in agreement. "You're right, Captain. We'll need to develop more precise and targeted strategies. Perhaps through intelligence, we can identify military targets that minimize collateral damage."

The discussion continued, with the Marine officers brainstorming strategies that would allow them to deal a decisive blow to the Que-Tourne Empire's military while preserving the lives of innocent civilians caught in the conflict.