Chapter 1

Geneviève POV.

After settling into Mystic Falls I can tell this town is interesting in it's own little way. It's small so everyone knows just about everyone. That's a huge difference between living in Silver Spring, Maryland.

I've only been here for a few days and it's better. It's quieter. Not as busy.
In silver spring you can hear everything from the cars, trains, and people in a busy city at times which could be annoying but most of all the overwhelming amount of emotions.

I'm what you can say is different or you can say special. My mom says I'm an empath which is rare. And I'm glad it's rare. I wouldn't want anyone to feel or experience the overwhelming feelings of everyone around them. It's horrible at times then again it comes in handy.

"Come on, Geneviève. We have to get to school." My cousin Bonnie says

Like for instance, Bonnie has been annoyed by me the moment I got here. And I have no idea why.

I followed her out to the car and as I got in. I just put my headphones on so I could try to drown out everyone around us as we drive.

When we got there Bonnie hits my shoulder to signal to me pay attention.

"Alright, trying and fit in I guess and follow me. Things has changed since the last time you we're here." She says then grabs her things as we leave.

As we got out and I guess walk closer to her group of friends I could feel her get scared, but she just put on a face and continued walking up to them.

"Hi, Bonnie." Her blonde friend says while the others simply wave or give her a huge.

"Who's this?" Her brunette friend asks

"Oh, yeah this is my cousin Geneviève. You guys might not remember her." She says to them and they all say hi and I simply wave.

She turns to me and introduce each of them to me, "This is Elena Gibert, Caroline Forbes, Stefan Salvatore, Matt Donovan," she says pointing to all of them and then she lets out a sigh and says, "and this is Damon."

I finally found out what's making her so scared but I don't see why Stefan freaks me out a bit more.

"Hi, my name is Damon Salvatore." He says taking my hand and giving it a kiss

"Nice to meet you." I say and I could see his eyes light up from hearing my voice.

I couldn't help but stare in his eyes as he tries to read my expression, until I was pulled out of with a wave of jealousy from someone.

"I was starting to think she didn't talk." Elena whispers but I could still hear her. Stefan and Damon both turned their head and looked as if they were going to say something but was interrupted my gasp from feeling someone run up and hug me from behind.

"Please tell me you remember me." I hear a voice I couldn't forget.

"Jeremy!" I turned and hugged him.

Bonnie and her friends were in shock.

"Oh my gosh. I can't believe you're here." He says excited

"Yeah I'm stay with Bonnie for a while." I say feeling the same excitement as him.

"Geneviève?" "Jeremy?"
Bonnie and Elena says calling us still confused.

"How do you two know each other?" Elena asks

"Well while you were always off with Bonnie and Matt when we were younger. Me and Gene hangout with each, well until she moved away." Jeremy explains

Even though I was around when we were little, it's like they didn't pay much attention to me. I mainly stayed to myself anyway so I didn't have to be around too many people.