Chapter 9

Damon POV.🖤

Currently the plan is to get Katherine at the masquerade ball, which is also being held to celebrate the founding families. It's expected that she'll be there because she was actually there at the first founders ball.

And everyone here hates the bitch. She's tricked me into thinking she actually loved me. She killed Caroline, had Jeremy kidnapped, tricked Bonnie, and I can't forget her chopping off Uncle John's fingers. I hated him too but really.

Currently We're back at my house. The Salvatore residence. Mainly because everyone wanted to go over the plan one more time before tomorrow night. And I was not liking the plan.

"Why exactly Geneviève is needed for this plan?" I ask

"Because Geneviève is the only Katherine may trust to follow in the trap so we can kill her, Damon." My brother says trying to explain this to me.

"To kill her." I heard Geneviève whisper in shock of where this plan is going. She only knew that we were going to trap her.

"Geneviève doesn't have to do it. Caroline or Bonnie can do it." I say trying not to have her part of this and to keep her safe if something was to happen.

"Damon, it's her choice." Little Gibert says to me

"Shut up, Pocahontas." I say to him.
Then no one spoke a word and looked to Geneviève for an answer.

"Do we have to kill her? She didn't seem so bad when I met her." She says and I can feel her getting anxious about this.

And everyone together said an immediate, "yes".

I could tell that Geneviève didn't stand for killing anyone, that's just not who she is no matter what they've done, but she still agreed to help because they were all watching and waiting for her answer.

After they were done with their plans, I took her upstairs to my room to talk.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to?" I tell her

"Katherine has clearly have done a lot to you all and the least I can do is lead her to the room." She's says

"Caroline can do it. You don't have to. I can understand if you don't want to Katherine, she's done nothing to you and it could feel wrong. I just don't want you to do something you're uncomfortable with or will regret." I explain to her

"I know but as long as you're positive and agree with this plan, I'll help. And I'm not killing you are. Do you think you'll regret it?" She says sitting looking up at me

I sat next to her and took her hand and said, "No, because I met someone who taught me what love really looks like and how wrong I was look for her for all those years. She is no where compared to how kind, loving and empathic like you are."

Without saying anything she just gave me a kiss.

"Then that's all I needed to hear." She says and that was all I needed to hear. As long as she was okay with this I'll let it slide.

"Before I take you home I remembered that you didn't know what to wear so." I said going to get a box that I tied to black bow on it from my closet.

"You brought me a dress?" She asks excited

"How about you open it and see." I said handing her the box.

She careful undid the bow looking at me to continue. When I nodded she took the top off and her reaction was everything I ever wanted it to be.

"Oh my. It's beautiful Damon." She says taking it over to the mirror to see how it would look.

(Picture of the dress is above ^)