Chapter 15

Geneviève POV. 🧡

I jumped in the car excited to go out to grill but on our way there, I realized that Damon is taking Klaus to get a drink. I couldn't but wonder what his plans are since he's so calm at the moment.

As we got there they sat in their normal spot at the bar while I sit next to Damon, and Lucky Matt was working at the bar tonight.

"I'm guessing your normal for tonight, burgers with extra fries, Geneviève?" Matt asks me

"Yes, and a shake." I said excited for my fries.

"Alright and here's you twos glasses and a bourbon." He says giving Damon and Alaric (Klaus) their drinks.

Matt went to put my order in and Damon started conversation with Alaric (Klaus) which didn't seem ready to start trouble.

Watching them you wouldn't have known that I told Damon about Klaus at all. But Klaus has given himself away from the slight glance he's been giving me.

Luckily Matt came back with my order and all I could think about at the time was my food. All my worries and hunger faded away.

"So how have things been?" Matt asks me

"It's been a bunch of changes recently but it's fine." I say to him

  "I heard you and Bonnie sorta made up and I'm glad." He says and I looked at him confused.

"Bonnie, talked to me." He adds

  "Oh. Well we're not always on the same page about things but it's better." I say understanding his concern now.

  "Maybe one day it's happen. It's would be good thing to try to rebuild that relationship with her even if it takes time because even if she doesn't see it right now, family should have each other's back." He says looking down thinking about a thought.

I could seen his sadness about Vicki.

  "I bet she's very proud of you." I say to him as he looks at me confused.

   "Vicki. She's proud of you. And don't think of it like she's gone, she's with you and when time comes you'll see her again." I say to him.

   "How did you..." He started to ask

   "Jeremy told me plus you're thinking about her." I try to explain to him.

  "You can hear my thoughts." He says shocked

  "Well, yeah and I can feel your emotions. I thought you wouldn't be this shocked. You know about Bonnie." I say

  "I do, know about Bonnie but she can't literally hear my thoughts and... feel my emotions." He says now confused with mixed emotions about this.

  Damon decided to step in, "She's an empath, Donavon." He says and goes back to his conversation with Alaric (Klaus).

  "A Empath?" He says still confused

  "I'm guessing your friends doesn't tell you everything." I say laughing

"They all know?" He asks

"Yeah, they all know. It was like huge thing that they had to figure because they thought I was feeling feelings for Damon because he compelled me. When that wasn't anything of the sort going on. Empaths just have mates, so they feel connected to them like a safe space. That's all." I explain rampling about everything.

"So, Damon is like your soulmate?" Matt asks confused

"Yes, and Elijah Mikaelson so far." I said and noticed I caught Alaric's (Klaus's) attention.