Chapter 16

Damon POV. 🖤

    On the way back to my place I just knew Elijah was going to be furious with me for leaving Geneviève with Klaus. As I was driving I tried calling him but he wouldn't pick up.

   After getting to the house, I could see that he must have left but everyone else was still here.

   "What did I miss while I was gone? Did someone do some backstabbing?" I asked partly joking until I saw their facial change.

   "Caroline didn't like a comment I made." Stefan says but from the rooms silence I knew it was odd.

   "What did you say?" I said pouring myself a drink

   "It doesn't even matter and I promised not to bring it up again." Stefan says trying to change the subject but I could tell he was lying.

  "Where's Geneviève?" Bonnie asks noticing her cousin didn't come back with me.

  "She's with Alaric because she could feel Stefan over there actual getting stabbed in the back." I say going along with them.

"She felt it." Caroline says looking concerned.

"Yeah, she was in some terrible pain, so don't just go stabbing anyone now alright." I said leaving to look around the house to figure this out.

As I looked around and house I didn't see anything out of the ordinary but the Scooby Doo gang got quiet. I just knew something was up so I thought I check out the basement too.

Well before someone stopped me...

  "Damon, Can you tell Geneviève that I'm sorry for what happened." Stefan says stopping me from opening the door

  "Or you can try and tell her yourself the next time you see her." I say and continue to the door, but he stops me again.

  "Why are you going down to the basement?" He asks

  "For another bottle of bourbon, I wasn't able to finish my drink at the bar." I say not trying to have him question if I believed their story

"There's still two in the study." He says trying to get to the bottom of things

" Thanks, you saved me the trip from going down those stairs." I say and turn to go to the study.

Whatever they actually did may be worse than I thought since they're trying to hide it from me. And it's not helping that Elijah isn't picking up his phone.

   They're lucky we have the dance tomorrow night and of course I have a trick up my sleeve just in case this all goes sideways.

🖤🖤🧡🖤🧡🧡

Geneviève POV

   As I woke up I looked around and remembered that I was still at Alaric's apartment. When felt around the bed and saw that Klaus was gone I sat up and looked around to see that he's sleeping on the couch.

   All I couldn't help but wonder was what would Klaus actually look like sleeping in his actual body. From his memories I've only seen him younger and in the past, but I think he wouldn't look that different.

  I decided before I wake him up I should call Damon. For some reason I feel like somethings wrong but I can't put my finger on it, like it feels familiar but it's a pain that I wish wasn't so familiar.

  "Good morning, I hope, Damon." I say as he answers the phone.

  "As of this moment yes. Good morning to you, little witch." He says and I can't help but get butterflies