A Different Kind of Love

"Darien where are we going?" Morax asked curiously, allowing himself to be lead as the human had their hands connected. A white silk blindfold was over Morax's eyes as the human lead him through a forest.

It was autumn, mid-season to be exact and it was so beautiful it reminded Darien of Morax. The colors, the scents, the way everything was so bright and warm despite being the turning point into the cold season. "Don't worry Morax-daren, we're almost there." Darien replied with a gentle squeeze of his hand, long fingers wrapped around the darker slightly clawed hand.

The god could easily just remove the cloth over his eyes and transport them there but Darien wanted to do it the human way - walking.

Morax didn't mind. This human was different, Darien was like living warmth that could seep itself through the tough skin of the vessel Morax has and go into his soul. "Alright, Darien, I will trust you." Because he did. He did trust Darien. Because...because Darien warmed him like no other could. Darien could give him feeling nothing else could dare to, a warmth he could feel in his skin.

After a few more minutes of walking Darien helps Morax up some stone steps but on the last one the god trips and falls into Darien's arms, causing both to blush as Darien wrapped his arms instinctively around the gods' waist to hold him steady. "A-are you alright, Morax-daren?"

"Yes, I am well." The darker haired male replied softly almost shyly and the human doesn't let the other go immediately, something like a spell having fallen over the two as Morax could feel that mortal heart beating quickly against his own chest and it felt like he had a physical heart too.

After a moment, they pulled apart and Darien cleared his throat, looking at Morax shyly. "Ah...let's continue. It's just a little further ahead. Then you can take the blindfold off." The god nods his head and they continue on their way. Soon they come to a stop and Morax felt Darien turn towards him, his hands on either side of his face and the god couldn't help but smile as the blindfold was slowly slipped off his head. Golden amber eyes met green and Morax took the silence to turn his head to look around at where the human had lead him.

The view was amazing from up here, there was a large pond just a little ways away from the stone wall that the two were standing. The pond was in a location where the sun would set directly behind it and trees were scattered about. Open rolling hills nearly as far as the eye could see, painted in the colors of autumn. "I thought it would be a good idea to have a picnic here and watch the sunset. I-I know it's nothing to a god like you but-"

Morax turned and placed a finger lightly over the mortals' mouth, stopping his words instantly as the human blushes at the contact.

"It's perfect, Darien. Don't fret so much." Morax smiles as he lowers his hand and Darien takes the semi lowered appendage between both of his hands. The contrast between their colors was so stark yet the dirty blonde hair colored man didn't care - he found it beautiful even as he slowly led the god to where he had set up the picnic and they both sat down.

Instantly Morax could smell the fresh baked goods and a part of him was surprised that Darien would spend so much time baking for this event that he clearly had been thinking about for a while.

The two sat and talked for hours, slowly enjoying the baked goods that Darien had painstakingly cooked and the dark haired god was impressed with the variety that his human companion had brought. Even those tiny cupcakes were here that the god of gods liked.

It was a warm atmosphere between them and the sounds of nature around them was pleasant background noise.

Looking at how happy Darien was, sitting all the way out here on a forgotten stope wall covered in ivy and fallen leaves, it gave Morax a funny feeling in his chest.

It was similar to when he would look at Ba or his younger siblings but more intense. It didn't quite feel the same way but the base was there. He knew it was love, but it didn't quite fit.

It wasn't exactly the family love that he felt towards Darien in this moment. The human who could make him feel warmth in a physical sense, who could make him feel different emotional ranges and could even get him to forget about his duties for a few hours...

The love Morax felt for this mortal being was a different kind of love...