Birth of Thunder

Thunder boomed in the distance of the capital city, the night sky seemed to grow ever darker and the winds picked up drastically. Morax, from his library with a lantern by his side to cast a soft glow to see, watched over his city. Everyone knew that he was always watching, always listening and feeling. They were never alone and it reassured the mortals as they headed to bed early for the night - Morax, God Above All, would protect them. They needed no more reassurance than that and they would be right to assume. If the need came, Morax would direct the lightning elsewhere so that the mortals he loved wouldn't be harmed.

As he watched the first streaks of the bluish white thunder streak across the sky with a loud crack and boom, the sky lighting up brightly from it, the god was suddenly given an idea...

What if he made a being to control the storms? With a thoughtful hum, Morax settled into a chair by the window but his eyes were unseeing of the room, focusing purely on the city and storm outside. The winds howled and crashed against the buildings but they were stronger so they didn't buckle under the onslaught. 

The idea of a god of thunder was truly a good idea, but it needed more thought put into it. What would the personality be like? How would he give this being godly powers? 

As another flash of lightning lit up the dark library room and illuminated Morax besides the lantern light suddenly he had an idea. What if instead of purely from scratch, Morax used a bit of himself? Not only would he solve the thunder problem, but Chuck had expressed that he and his sister, Amara, were lonely despite the mortals more than willing to accommodate the two...this would fix both problems and with one less burden off his shoulders he'd be able to spend just a bit more time with his younger twin siblings. The smiles on their faces would be well worth the sacrifice Morax was about to make. 

With a flourish of robes and long chocolate brown hair that faded into amber at the ends, Morax made his way to the top of the spire where he had transformed it into a room specifically allowing him direct entrance into the godly realm. He would created a god. A friend for his family and he knew just how to do it...

---

The process of creating the Thunder God was much more tedious than Morax expected.

He had already split off a part of himself for this task - that had been easy, albeit surprisingly painful - but making a body that could accommodate this vast power was a bit trickier. He's already gone through 5 and he's working on the sixth. Amara and Chuck don't know what he's been up to for the past 3 days, just that he hasn't been around to keep an eye on Nibelheim.

As Morax sat back and contemplated on what he should do, he ran a hand through his long ponytail on a whim when he accidentally pulled out a piece of his hair. He stares at it for a moment, blankly, before it struck him. What if he infused more than just a part of his life-force inside a husk? What if he used part of his own body to anchor that life-force? With sudden inspiration he sprung back to his feet - which were still bare, he has never worn shoes - he got back to work, weaving the hair into a 7th body and it worked. It honestly worked!

Stepping back, Morax watched as the male body took a moment to take in its' first breath and then the eyes opened as the breathing continued, chest rising up and down. Stormy electric blue eyes locked onto Morax and the god smiled kindly.

"Welcome, Baal, my God of Thunder and Storms, the storm harbinger, to your new life

"Welcome, Baal, my God of Thunder and Storms, the storm harbinger, to your new life." Morax greeted softly as he reached a hand out. "I am Morax, your creator." The newly created Baal grinned brightly and took the offered hand and spoke, "Hello creator, it will be an honor to serve under you."

Time will help Baal form his own personality but right now Morax was just happy that his 7th attempt worked. Though how will he dispose of the failed bodies?