Temporary Duties

Baal let himself fall backwards into the shallow water that he had been standing in and with a splash he's on his back, about half submerged in the clear water as he stares up at the partly cloudy summer afternoon sky. It was a nice day just for relaxing, a calming and short reprieve before he had duties in the south of Nibelheim to make and tend to some storms. He had just finished guiding some storm clouds and now he just wanted to gaze up at the clouds in the open field, in this shallow pool of water. "Ah...today is quite nice." He murmured with a half sleepy smile gracing his tanned skin. 

It was quite warm out and the water felt nice despite being in direct sunlight. Baal blows a raspberry as a shadow descended over him, one that wasn't from clouds and he lifts his eyes a little higher to see who was standing over him all the way out in the flower fields just outside Madinat Al-Nuhas [City of Dreams]. Who he saw caused him to grin brightly, "Chuck! What's up?"

Chuck was looking rather unimpressed with Baal who didn't even attempt to sit up out of the water. "Is it really necessary for you to be laying down on your job?" The words may sound harsh but Baal can see Chuck smiling in amusement down at his thunder wielding friend who laughs in response. "The storms will be okay for a few minutes, if the Geo Archon [God Above All] hasn't personally chastised me for lounging then you can't say a thing."

A roll of light blue eyes and the god standing over the thunder god replies, "You're the Geo Archon's favorite creation to date, Baal. You may be my best friend but you have special privileges'."

Baal makes an overly dramatic offended expression as he finally sits up out of the water, dripping wet and soaked to the skin now. "So that means you're going to force me to go back to duty before my five minute break is up? You slave driver!" Baal dramatically clutches his chest and Chuck couldn't help but laugh at his best friends' antics.

"I will if you keep being overly dramatic. However, no, big brother wants to see you for a talk." Came the wry reply. The thunder god huffs and he stands up, partially covered in mud now from his flop into the puddle. "More chores I assume?" He smiled slightly at this, not truly put off by being put on more duties. "Actually yeah. Big brother said he was going to ask if you could take on some extra elemental duties like water and wind." Chuck replied.

The darker skinned male hums thoughtfully, raising a hand up and grabbing his chin lightly with a thumb and pointer finger. "Well I suppose I could take on extra duties such as those. They fit perfectly with my element of thunder and storms after all."

Chuck just lets out a long suffering sounding sigh, muttering under his breath; "I should stop expecting you to take anything seriously..."

"Aw but it's all part of my charm!"

---

Baal stood with his creator - Morax - inside the main hall of the palace structure as the brunette god handed him a rolled up scroll. The thunder god took this carefully, making sure not to touch the other being before he unrolled it and began reading. It didn't take him long to figure out what this was and he quickly looks up to look his god in the eye - despite being a god himself Morax was the god of gods, more powerful than anyone here, even his own younger siblings. "A-a contract? For what?"

Morax just gave him a knowing smile and inclined his head slightly. A gesture for Baal to keep reading.

So he did.

Stormy electric blue eyes not unlike that of an angels' Grace flitted across the parchment quickly and his brow furrowed. "...you will preform extra godly duties until it is such I deem that the other elements are in need of their own bearers. Creator, not to sound like an idiot but I don't get it."

Morax lets out that soft bell like laugh that can make even straight people weak in the knees as the Geo Archon reaches over and covers Baal's hands with his own. Immediate heat and softness greeted the thunder gods' senses but it wasn't unpleasant. Baal always tried not to touch Morax, it was always such a shock to his system to feel that raw power beneath those gentle hands that could so very easily end everything. The hands covered in micro scales with fire brimming in those patterns on his arms causing an otherworldly glow. He always knew that Morax had slightly clawed fingertips and he could feel them now.

It was terrifying yet so incredibly fascinating.

"It means that the extra elements I will be giving to you from myself is going to be temporary until I see fit that there might be new people to take hold of these powers. Of course, you can decline this. You don't have to accept." Morax replied, inhuman gold eyes looking straight into his own.

It only takes a second before the dark haired thunder god grinned, that power still thrumming through his body from the contact of their hands. "Hey, it will keep me busy. After all, a gods' work is never done. I accept."