Amara's Thunder God

The marketplace sure was lively today, the thunder god noted with a smile as he wandered through the crowds. There was a specific place he was heading towards, his feet knowing the way there so he was just going on auto-pilot. The wandering merchant had the best jewelry and prettiest bottled perfume in Nibelheim and the merchant made for good conversation and was never boring no matter how many times Baal visited his stand. The goods were always different too and in Baal's opinion made for good gifts for his dear Amara.

"Baal-daren!" An older mans' voice called out, making Baal stop in his tracks and turn to who spoke to him. 

A man in his late 40s, black hair greying with a face aged more from hard work outside and the god of thunder smiles at him as the mortal stops in front of him. "Ah, Kil, it's a pleasure to see you." Baal said and the mortal - Kil - felt flushed in the face from having the gods' smile directed at him. "Baal-daren I um..." Kil stepped closer and offered the god a vibrant red rose and it caused the god to pause.

The mortals sure are getting bold in declaring their affections. Baal thought with amusement. "I'm sorry Kil, but I'm currently rather busy with some things." The god said gently, hoping to get out of this rather awkward public confession. What a way to put me on the spot. The god thought as the human lowers the flower a bit and looks upset.

I hate when they look like that. Baal thought. It reminds me too much of myself with Amara.

"Please, Baal-daren, I know I'm not much to look at, but please give me a chance! I promise to make it worth your while if you give me some of your time!" The dark haired mortal pleaded and it took everything in the god not to lean away from Kil. Those eyes wide and begging, desperate.

Thank Morax that he wasn't like this mortal or Amara would have ended him faster than he could say 'Hi'. She hated begging.

Whispers broke out around them and Baal's sensitive hearing picked up on how they thought it shameful to beg a god to date you and how graceless it was to practically throw yourself at Lord Baal's feet. "Kil, you're a good guy, funny and hardworking but I can't return what you feel. I'm sure you could-"

Kil shocked Baal by cutting him off rudely, "But I want you! I love you, Lord Baal!"

Baal frowns, the friendly smile slipping from his face. Before he could speak, however, a voice spoke up from behind the thunder god and making all the whispers around them stop in shocked awe, "What exactly are you doing throwing yourself at my god of thunder?" It was feminine as a hand grabbed onto his sleeve tightly. Amara!? Baal thought, shocked as he turned his head to look at her. Her expression was dark, jealous as her arm wrapped around Baal's and held on tightly.

The god of thunder couldn't help but blush, tuning out what they were saying to each other as he kept his eyes trained on Amara.

The goddess he had been chasing for years was finally holding him. She was finally acknowledging him! It was giving him the serious case of butterflies as she tugged him back - he easily followed - and with a swirl of godly magic the two were back at the capital and she was giving him a look.

He must look rather stupid with that lovestruck look on his face but he couldn't help it.

"I hate disrespectful mortals who can't keep their thoughts to themselves when it concerns what is mine." She said, lifting her nose slightly into the air and Baal thought he was going to pass out. I don't want this dream to end!

"I love you." He blurted out.

She just gives him a smile. A full, real smile.

"I know."