Quiet Day

Morax smiled fondly down at the mortals from the rooftop he was standing on. He didn't really feel the heat of the roof on his bare feet, he never noticed any temperature differences due to not having a proper vessel. This body that everyone knows him in is nothing more than a husk, a fleshy shell to give the people something to look at. Even then his appearance wasn't 100% human, it had alien features, like he was half of something else.

He didn't mind. And his mortal subjects didn't mind either. 

His arms were lightly crossed over his chest, hair being played with by the light breeze sweeping over the capital. As Morax watched with his faintly glowing amber colored eyes; they always had a faint glow, a golden constantly glowing golden pupil and golden ring around it. Sometimes when he is using his powers they change into a different shape but these are the eyes that everyone knows. Only his brother and sister have seen his other eyes.

 Only his brother and sister have seen his other eyes

Morax floated gently into the air, his bare feet slowly leaving the red roof tiles as he took a step forward and he began to lower himself to the ground

The mortals turned to look and they all began to greet him with happy faces and voices, adoration clear as the day and night, love for their god of gods filling the god with that pleasant warmth he's come to enjoy.

It was a special kind of warmth after all.

But despite loving him, admiring him and worshipping him, they never touch him. Even though he has told his subjects that they are allowed to touch, they have told him to his face many times that it would be a great sin to touch someone as benevolent as him.

So he just dropped it after a while.

Morax smiled at the mortals as they bowed, affection showing on his angular features.