Goodbye To A World

Nibelheim...

It was the name of the planet of which a benevolent god named Morax had created. A place he had created for the siblings he was gifted with, that he had been patient to receive - albeit unexpected. Morax loved his brother and sister dearly and wanted to make a place for them, to teach them what he knew; intimate knowledge of cells, of atoms and of how everything worked and functioned. 

Morax loved them so deeply, devoted himself to their happiness he neglected himself. He couldn't say no to them, he wouldn't ever allow them to feel sad not if he had a say in it. Adoration fueled his imagination and so the universe was created, Nibelheim was made. A world of beauty, of lush green fields and of deep blue oceans and tall towering marble white buildings. He taught Chuck, his brother, how to create life. How to create a living person.

And so the first humans were created. 

Bright sunny days and cool beautiful nights greeted the planet, day and night. A wonderful cycle that naturally sorted itself out and became independent of the will of the gods. A happy little development as it allowed Morax to focus on his brother and sister, allowed him to teach them more without worrying about the planetary rotation or the seasons. Those had also developed on their own.

Many, many happy memories were made. Family, friends, lovers and rivals. Morax couldn't be prouder of his planet he had created for Chuck and his sister Amara.

One by one the support gods were made, to ease the burden off Chuck and Amara - and a bit of his own responsibility as well - and it was such a glowing happiness that filled the titled God of Gods. It was warm, and Morax cherished it.

If there was one thing Morax has ever regretted in his life, it would be that he hadn't told Chuck "no" when he proposed the idea of making more gods.

Morax had never felt regret, but that was his biggest one. Maybe if he still had his ability to see into the future he would have known? Either way it was much....much to late.

When the death of Baal reached him via an extremely distraught Alatus it had been the first time he experienced such negative emotions as he comforted the anguished water god. Morax had spent over a thousand years looking for who killed Baal but found no one guilty for it. Like a cover-up almost. Eventually the search for the culprit tapered off in favor of taking care of the support gods and his younger siblings. Amara had been so very sad, after all she and Baal had been married and she had been talking about wanting children with him even though he always said he wasn't ready. She understood, she never pushed for it but sometimes she brought the topic up and Morax was saddened to see her in such a pitying state.

Barbatos was the final strike for Krei, a once happy god who loved to spend nearly every waking moment with his siblings - with Chuck and Amara as well. But after he had his first vision where his powers went so blazingly out of control, destroying a whole forest and plus some, Krei had began to pull away, becoming distant and uninterested in anything and doing the bare minimum in his job. Morax did his best with Krei, he truly honestly did, the God of Gods tried so hard to comfort Krei but the other...always pushed him away.

As the years went on, Krei began to grow ever more unstable, more fueled by hate day by day, filled with a cruel malice that needed an outlet so desperately. During the confrontation with Yahweh, Amara had been sealed due to her overwhelming grief that was causing a huge imbalance. Morax could let it slide with her monsters - they could learn to be good, to integrate with humans and they have. Though she had created something he had to lock away - Darkness. 

Krei was killed in the fight with Yahweh, his heart ripped out and left to bleed out in what was once a beautiful forest now turned to a burning and uprooted wasteland - a scar on Nibelheim though that was the least of Morax's worries as he had to almost immediately prepare for the war that Yahweh declared.

All Morax had left was Chuck, Alatus, Ventus and Ying. The set of blonde twins had returned and Morax had embraced them for days, he had truly missed them.

Morax had created dragons originally to protect and yet now because of war Morax had to create them and train them for combat, just to be slaughtered and as the war dragged on and on - Chuck tucked away in the godly realm that his younger brother was transforming into something else - Morax was losing what love he had left. It was being leeched from him by this poison Yahweh was spreading and Alatus and his twin younger siblings tried their best to stop the spread of this poison that was changing their creator but...it was in vain...

                                           -End
                                               - To Be Continued in "War of Gods" -