God of the Oceans

In the main entranceway of the palace of the gods, two gods were butting heads once again - they could just never seem to help themselves as the younger blonde one, Krei who was god of the inferno, liked to provoke Chuck.

Morax just rubbed his temple with two fingers and closed his eyes. A headache from their shouting match beginning to bloom. "Will you two please not shout at each other so early in the morning?" Amara complained while Baal sat off to the side with a book in hand. It was some new poems and she could only guess that it was more love ballads that he was going to read to her at some point.

Both Krei and Chuck looked to her with slightly wide eyes, Krei with a triumphant grin slowly spreading across his face but she just glared at him making him falter.

Morax lowers his hand and a slight twitch of his lips showed that he was amused despite getting a headache. "You know that I didn't call all of you here to bicker and start arguing like children." Though to be fair to Krei, he technically IS a child in a grown mans' body. The Geo Archon thought with an internal sigh.

"What did you call us here for then, big brother?" Chuck asked and Morax smiled kindly at everyone in the room. "I called you here to give opinions on the idea of another being added."

They all just stared at him for what felt like ages and for all anyone knew it could have been hours, it was so still and quiet before Baal was the first to break out into a grin, throwing the book over his shoulder as he looked so genuinely happy at the idea. "A new little brother?!"

"I'd be a big brother!" Krei all but screamed in his excitement, though Baal was just as loud and Chuck cringed away while rubbing his ears from the sudden screaming coming from the ashy blonde god of fire. Amara was watching the thunder god's cheer, smiling softly at it. "Yes, they would be a new younger brother for the both of you and also a god to help control the waters. What say you?"

Morax was met with excited cheers and nods, all smiling at him and his chest felt warm again. Their happiness made him happy.

"Alright then, I will get started. I will be gone for three days so if all of you could...?" Morax didn't have to finish as everyone agreed to watch over Nibelheim for him while he made their new baby brother and future best friend. It will be nice to have another new face around here and expand the family. Morax thought lovingly as he retreated to the godly realm to begin his work.

----

Beautiful lavender eyes opened and the sight that filled them for the first time was Morax - for everyone it's always Morax they see first. The first thing imprinted into their minds. Morax smiles, the only thing visible under his hood as he reaches out and places a hand on top of the newly created god's head, the hair soft and silky - just like the others. "Welcome to your new life, Alatus."

"Is

"Is...that my name?" Alatus asked softly, barely above a whisper as his bright eyes looked up at the figure wrapped in white that just looked so...pure. Untainted. "Yes. And you are to be the God of the Oceans, or water to be precise. But you are not alone, you have others who will help you." The dark colored hand gently threaded itself through the short hair.

"Others?"

Another smile and the god of gods lead Alatus out of the room and into the bright hallway of the palace, the bright purple eyes were eagerly taking everything in for the first time and Morax...

He was so happy. It was hard to explain the amount of happiness that he was feeling. It was a warmth he couldn't experience any other way and it was comforting. It let him know that he was doing good by everyone and that he was making the perfect life for those around him. He knew that Alatus would be adored, Krei and Baal were the most vocal about getting a new brother and their happiness was infectious because they were connected to the god of gods.

"Yes, there are others. Though only two like you." Morax replied, a gentle quiet tone to his voice.

He's never once raised his voice at anything or anyone, always speaking in quiet tones - though his voice was deep it was soothing - and even his bell like laughter was quiet, more like one of those soft wind chimes. "I can't wait to meet them." Alatus replies with a smile. "They will love you little one. They all will."

They make it back to the others who turn to the sound of opening doors and Baal was the first to run up to the smaller god and wrap him up in his arms. "It's so good to meet you at last little brother!" The god of thunder laughs loudly and happily as he lifts the small water god up and twirls him around, a tight yet comfortable hold on the other male. Alatus yelps at the sudden action and grabs onto Baal as the taller of the two sets him back down but doesn't stop hugging him. "I'm Baal, the God of Thunder and Storms! I heard you're the new water god?"

"Y-yes." Alatus confirmed, looking and feeling rather dizzy. "Lord Morax says I'm the God of the Oceans."

"Same thing little brother. It's still water. Oh this is great, we're going to be able to work together so much because storms and water go hand in hand!" Ba couldn't contain the excitement, nuzzling his nose into the other's cheek affectionatly with a huge goofy grin. He was practically glowing from how happy he was as Krei runs up and pulls Alatus from the darker skinned god.

"My turn!" Krei shouted, sky blue eyes sparkling in delight.

"I'm Krei, the God of Inferno!" Krei gets Alatus into a noogie hold and starts messing with the short hair. "He-hey! Stop!" Alatus whined, struggling to get out of the hold.

The ashy blonde god lets go and steps back a bit, grinning from ear to ear. "So what's your name?"

"Alatus."

Morax was watching the exchanges from off to the side, closing his eyes as peace settled over him. It was beautiful to him. The simple joys his creations and his siblings felt and took part in. His shoulders relax further as he opens them back up but not all the way as he takes in the heartwarming scene.

Having Alatus around will be good for Krei and Baal. Especially Baal, he will make a good older brother to someone so young. Morax thought, a bigger than usual smile appearing on his face - not like anyone noticed, too enamoured by the water god.