Uncertain Future

Burning, burning, hot...so very hot. Fire was all around him, under his skin, in his bones and lapping away at his soul. The embers beneath his feet used to be a house, he recalled. Was it the bakers' house or was it that fishermans'? It was hard to tell when there was nothing he could identify. 

It was all the same around him. Barren, brown wasteland and clouded skies of black.

Only the faintest trace of red peeked through and he frowned. Nibelheim's sky was never red, the cloud never black. 

Looking down he saw bodies of men and gods alike, their blood mixing and seeping into the ground, forever staining what was once Nibelheim. Nibelheim - a perfect utopia, a place full of happiness and love, now a barren dead wasteland of death and destruction. Yet as Krei continued to watch, horror settling deep into his bones and soul he watched it distort into something new.

Something different.

Buildings so tall they touched the sky, grass swaying gently in the wind. All of this was wreathed in flame yet it brought tears to Krei's eyes - seeing people, mortal men and women, walking amongst these towers they called home.

----

Krei woke up with a splitting headache, pain pounding behind his eyes and he digs the heels of his palms into his bright blue eyes harshly.

He could only be thankful he didn't wake up screaming and crying for once he supposes. The god of flame sighs deeply, reaching next to him and throwing a pillow over his face as he tried to calm the pounding in his skull so he could at least look without feeling like he was going to either pass out or throw up.

----

Krei was watching a different scene - one that wasn't blood and death, destruction laying at his feet - this scene was of a group of three, all men. One had wings even and for a split second Krei thought it was Morax before he quickly tosses that aside. Morax was taller. Morax was MUCH taller than he was, sure he stood shorter than this winged man but it wasn't unbearably tall where he sometimes hurt his neck looking up. "Stupid Morax-daren and being 6'1"...." Krei muttered to himself but he was watching as the trio fought creatures of all shapes and sizes, sometimes even sharing the same wings as their companion.

Did it mean something?

The ashy blonde haired male could tell Chuck's silhouette even when it was nothing but flames because he spends so much time around the man. 

His heart does a funny little thing when the god of flame and vision sees a figure with six wings, three on each side of their body and so much bigger than all the other wings he's seen. They were arched high, regally and...

Krei wrenched himself from his dreaming state as he takes a moment to remember where he was from suddenly ending the vision and then he remembered - right, he was working on a wildfire.

The fire god scowled and runs a hand through his hair as he felt another headache beginning to form. "Damn my treacherous heart..." Krei lowers a hand to his chest where his heart lay - the beating was slightly elevated but he was doing well in controlling it to a more normal level.

"He's from the future...not sure how far into it but I won't ever be able to meet him so don't fall in love. I can't...I don't even know him." Krei whispers and he grips his shirt so tightly that the fabric strained badly just barely missing being torn. A little more pressure and it would tear but the fire god slowly releases his hold before dropping his hand back to his side.

"Yet...it felt like he was looking right at me. Not through me, but at me." The god shakes his head and rubs his eyes with a hand with a shaky sigh. I'm going crazy. He thought. He must have imagined it, after staring into the fire for so long his eyes probably just need to rest for a while.

As much as Krei would like to fall in love with someone, to be able to just...relax, he couldn't. He knew what Nibelheim was going to suffer through in the future.

War...