CHAPTER 3

After class, Gab and Avaline said goodbye. They said they had plans to go somewhere, so they left early. I was supposed to say goodbye to Kayla and Sam, but when I saw them talking, "Okay ka lang?" Sam asked Kayla because she had been quiet for a while. 

Kayla nodded and said, "Yes, I'm fine." Then Kayla smiled at Sam when she said that. Sam asked, "Sure?" 

Kayla nodded and said, "Yup." Sam never fails to impress me by being selfless or just caring about people. Later, when they both got close to me, Kayla's phone suddenly rang as if she had received a message. 

When she looked at her phone, she looked at Sam and me. She said, "I have to leave, Mom, and I have somewhere else to go." Kayla looked at me and said, "I want to say thank you again, because even with everything I did, you were able to defend me earlier, and you gave me at least the very last chance. That's why AA, thank you so much." 

I was just silent because Kayla immediately looked at Sam and said, "Especially to you, Sam, I'm sorry for what I did, and thank you very much because you also defended me earlier, so thank you, Sam."

Sam said, "Wala yun noh."  Kayla smiled at her and said, "So...maiwan ko na kayo ah, bye!" She slowly walked away and waved at us. 

Sam also waved and said, "Bye, Ingat kayo!" When Kayla left completely, Sam turned to me and said, "So tayo dalawa nalang ang magpapaalam sa isa't-isa ngayon noh." I told her, "I guess so." 

Sam said "okay, Ba-bye, ingat ka sa pag-uwi mo ah." She waved and then was about to leave, but I held her hand and stopped her. "Wait."

She was shocked when I stopped her by holding her hand. She slowly looked at me, holding my hand, and also at me. "Sorry," I said when I realized that I had held her hand for a moment. 

I let go of her hand and I said, "I just wanted to say thank you too." Sam frowned and said "Thank you saan?" I said "Thank you for everything." 

The wrinkles on her forehead disappeared and she said "AA, hindi mo kailangan mag thank you okay? Pasasalamat ko na din yan sayo...sa lahat ng tulong at nagawa mo." I remained silent and she said "kaya oks na tayo ah, nagbabawian lang naman tayo eh. Kapag tinutulungan mo ako, tinutulungan kita, at kapag tinutulungan kita, tinutulungan mo ako... oh diba?"

I smiled when she said that. I smiled because she had a point in what she was saying about us helping each other. 

After that, I said, "Hatid na kita." Sam said, "Naku wag n-" Before Sam finished what he was saying, I said, "Please."

Sam looked for a while and said, "Okay." When we got into my car, I immediately drove to the cafe. I already knew that Sam had work, so I also knew that I would take him there.

After arriving at the cafe, Sam immediately thanked me, "Thank you." I said, "You're welcome." Even before Sam got out of the car, we saw Yuwan cleaning the window outside the cafe. 

I asked, "Is that Yuwan?" Sam turned and looked out the window. Sam said, "Oo, siya yan." I rolled down the window on Sam's side. 

When I rolled down Sam's window, Yuwan saw us when he suddenly turned in our direction. Oh, AA!" He approached us and said, "Wow, magkasama ah." 

Sam said, "Shh!" Yuwan asked and teased."Magdedate ba kayo? Hindi ka papasok sa trabaho Sam?" Sam said "papasok ako noh, kaya tabi." 

Yuwan stepped aside. When Yuwan stepped aside, Sam opened the door and immediately got out of the car. When Sam got out of the car, he thanked me again. 

"Thank you ulit AA, Ingat ka sa pag-uwi." Yuwan waved and said, "Ingat din sayo AA, salamat din sa paghatid mo kay Sam!" Sam turned to Yuwan because she knew that Yuwan was teasing her for saying this.