CHAPTER 27

After a few hours, there were no more customers coming in, so we didn't do much. While I stood at the counter, Sam cleaned the table that had been used by the last customers. As she was cleaning, I just looked at her and smiled. 

God, I really do like her. I wish I could tell her that, but... I can't. The luck of the one who can stay with Sam, the luck of the person who will love Sam. 

Hopefully, that man won't hurt her.

Because if I am that person? I will never hurt Sam, no matter what. I will do everything for her, to give her what she wants or needs, just to make her happy. 

I just hope that when the time comes for her to meet the man who will be with her for the rest of her life, he will love her as much as I love her. After Sam cleaned the tables, she looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at her because she is so beautiful, especially when she smiles. 

As she approached me, she said, "Wala pa sila Faye at Yuwan ah." I nodded and said, "Kaya nga eh." She said, "Sorry ah, kasi... naabala ka pa dahil sa sinamahan at tinulunagan mo po ako dito." 

I shook my head and said, "No, you don't need to apologize. It's okay. I volunteered to help you and accompany you here, remember?" She nodded. "Then... you don't have to apologize to me."

She said, "Well kung ganun, pwede naman ako mag thank sayo, diba?" I didn't say anything but just looked at her. "Thank you dahil sa tinulungan mo ako at sinamahan mo'ko." 

She smiled, and I smiled at him. After a while, she said, "Maghuhugas lang ako ng pinggan ah. Kaya pwede pa diyan ka lang muna magbantay sa may counter?"I nodded and replied, "Sure, I'll stay here and take care of it." 

She said, "Okay, thank you." Later, as I stood there, I noticed their return. Yuwan greeted, "Oh, hello there, Pareng Sir AA." 

They came closer, and Faye asked me, "Si Star?" I answered, "Oh, she's in the kitchen washing dishes." Faye nodded, "Ahh, okay."

Yuwan asked, "Maraming bang cutomers na pumunta?" I responded, "No, only a few; most were couples." Yuwan nodded, "Well, okay lang yun, good job parin kayo ngayon eh. Great team work!" 

After that, he gave me a thumbs-up. Faye shook her head at Yuwan. After tha, Faye turned at me again, Faye said, "Maraming salamat sa pagtulong mo kay Star ngayon ah, at pasensya na rin kung natagalan kami. Nasira kasi yung yung pila at muntik pa kami mapaayway dahil sa..."

She hit Yuwan, who winced,  "Dahil sa lalaking ito."  Yuwan rubbed his head, "Arayy."

He turned to Faye and glared at her. He said, "Magkakabukol na ako nito kaka batok mo sa ulo ko eh." Faye replied, "Ikaw kasi, ang kulit mo." After that, Yuwan placed what he was carrying on the counter.

I asked, "What's that?" Faye answered, "Pagkain at inumin natin. Ito yung binili namin ni Yuwan kanina. Binilhan din namin kayong dalawa ni Star kaya meron kayo diyan." 

I asked her, "You both haven't eaten there?" Faye shook her head. "Hindi na, pumunta lang talaga kami dun para bumili niyan. Eh, hindi rin namin kami makkain at makakinom don dahil sa madaming na tao. Kaya nagtake out naalang kami." I said, "Ah, okay."

Afterwards, Faye took the items they had bought from the paper bag. After retrieving them, she set down a drink and a thing that is wrapped in foil. She said, "Yan milktea yan at triple cheese burger, para sayo yan." 

I was speechless. "Ay, teka, k-kumakain ka ba at umiinom kaba niyan? Kung ayaw mo okay lang na wag mong kainin at inumi-" Before she could finish, I interjected, "No, I'll take it, thank you."

Hindi na natuloy ang sabihin niya nang magsalita ako, "No, umiinom ako at kumakain ako niyan, thank you." I smiled at her, and she seemed surprised by my smile. Faye said, "Wow, ganyan ka pala ngumiti. Mas gumwapo ka ah."