CHAPTER 36

"Sam, are you okay? Why are you sitting here?"

She looked at me and said, "Oh, AA, ikaw pala yan." I said, "I've been looking for you for a while. Why didn't you go to the cafeteria? Are you okay?"

She nodded and said, "Okay lang naman ako, may iniisip lang." I asked, "Are you sure you're okay?" She nodded. I said, "Can I join you?"

She nodded and moved a little. After that, I sat next to her. I said as I sat down, "What's on your mind? Is something bothering you?"

Sam said, "Hmm, naiisip ko lang si Mama. Iniisip ko lang kung nasaan na kaya siya, kung okay lang ba siya." I just remained silent. She said, "Simula kasi nung nalaman na natin ang ginawa ni Dolion ay mas napaisip ako at nag-alala ako kay Mama."

 I was silent and just looked at Sam.

After a while, she spoke again, even though she was looking into the distance, "Grabe ang ginawa ni Dolion noh? Andami niyang dinamay at nabiktima." I also looked into the distance and said, "Kaya nga eh, I thought I was the only one he hypnotized. I didn't think he had many victims besides me. He is a selfish and bad person."

Sam looked at me. She looked and I said, "Isipin mo, he hypnotized me because he found out that I was with you. He made me believe you were just a dream because he didn't want me to know that his mistress is Casa."

Sam just stayed silent and looked at me. After a while, I thought and frowned. I said, "Wait a minute." Sam asked, "Bakit?"

I said, "I just realized something. Dolion hypnotized me not just so I wouldn't know about his mistress, Casa. He hypnotized me so I wouldn't see you again and wouldn't know you."

She frowned because of what I said. I continued, "Since he has known my dad, your dad, even your mom for a long time, he made me believe that you were just a dream because he was afraid that I might see and know you since you are the real daughter of Tito Night and Tita Night."

She kept listening. "He must have been watching over you for a long time. That's why it's also possible that he was the one who set your house on fire so that you would have to move and he could harm you, preventing Tito Night from finding you. It's also possible that he's the one who killed your tatay Jose."

Her eyes widened when she heard what I said. I asked, "But the question is, what is the reason he killed your tatay Jose? Is it possible that your tatay Jose knew something about what Dolion did?" She thought and then said, "Siguro."

I asked, "What did he know?" Sam thought too. I said, "Everything that Dolion did can be connected since Tito Night, Tita Gabi, my mom, my dad, Tita Selene, and even your father Jose will be connected because they all know each other."

Sam said, "Tama ka, maari ka na mga ginawa ni Dolion ay magkakakonektado dahil sa magkakakilala sila." I said, "I think I need to tell mom about this just in case she gets an idea." Sam nodded when I told her that.

Sam said, "Siguro, subukan nalang din natin na makipagtulungan uli kay Sir Diego para malaman naman natin kung konektado nga ang pagkamatay ni Tatay sa mga ginawa o kinalaman ni Dolion." She nodded and when she said that, I said, "You're right."

She thought and I said, "Maybe it would be better if I go to him later to ask. I don't have anything to do later so I'll just go to him." Sam said, "Pwede bang sumama? Gusto kong sumama."

I said, "A-are you sure? Don't you have anything to do later? How about your work at the cafe?" She said, "Magpapaalam nalang ako kina Yuwan. Sigurado ako na papayagan naman nila ako at maiintindihan nila ako."

I nodded and said, "Okay. I'll just pick you up later at the cafe?" She nodded and said, "Oo."