CHAPTER 29

After we said goodbye to them, we immediately got into my car. When we put on our seatbelts, I immediately started driving. While I was driving, I was frowning and focused on the road because of too much worry. I said in my mind, "I hope Mom is okay." 

While still stopped because the traffic light was red, I turned around when Sam called me, "AA." When I looked at him, she said, "Relax ka lang. Magiging okay ang mom mo, okay?" I was surprised when she said that; it was like she was reading my mind. 

I just nodded and said, "Okay." When the light turned green, I drove to the hospital where Mom was.

After arriving at the hospital, we promptly entered and approached a hospital staff member at the information desk. I said to the woman, "Excuse me, miss. I'm looking for my mother, Dayn Cinco-De la Luna. Can you please tell me where she has been admitted?" The woman replied, "Sure po, Check ko lang po."

She typed on her computer, occasionally glancing up at me. Finally, she said, "Ms. Cinco-De la Luna is currently in Room 305 on the third floor. Would you like me to give you directions?" I nodded, "Yes, please."

After she provided directions, we quickly made our way to her room. Upon arriving, I knocked and entered. I saw her sitting on the bed, leaning slightly.

I frowned with worry upon seeing her condition. When she noticed me, she said, "AA."

I approached her and asked immediately, "What happened? Why did you suddenly pass out?" Mom couldn't say anything at first and just looked at me. I moved closer, taking her hand. "Mom, please tell me what happened?"

Seeing my genuine concern, she finally spoke, her brow furrowed. "I don't really remember much of what happened either." She looked away, deep in thought. 

After a moment, she said, "I remember now. Just as I was about to leave for Aunt Selene's event, Manang suddenly approached me and said that a woman was looking for me." I frowned in wonder, "A woman?" 

She slowly turned back to me, still frowning, and nodded. "Yes," she answered, still frowning. "I was just as puzzled."

I continued to frown, wondering who this woman could be. After a while, she asked, "Anyway, I'm fine now, so don't worry about me." I asked, "Are you sure? Are you feeling okay?"

She nodded and tried to smile at me, saying, "Yes, I'm fine." Despite her reassurance, I kept frowning because I was still worried about her. She then asked, "So, how was your Aunt Selene's event?"

I replied, "Are you trying to change the subject so I won't ask you questions?" She responded, "No, I'm trying to change the subject so you won't worry." I couldn't ignore what she said; even if she tried to divert the conversation, I would still worry about her.

She continued, "Besides, it will make me feel better somehow." I still couldn't find my voice. Mom said, "So please tell me, what happened at your Aunt Selene's opening? Is everything alright? Were there many people again?"

She smiled at me when she asked me. I smiled a little when I saw that she was trying to ask me. I nodded and said, "Yes, it's okay there. And yes, as always, many people still come." 

She smiled and said to me, "That sounds fun, I hope your Tita Selene will understand why I didn't come." Her smile disappeared and she bowed after saying that. She turned around and looked at me when I spoke.

I said to her, "Don't worry mom, I'm sure Tita Selene will understand why you didn't come. I told Gab when I said goodbye to her earlier about what happened to you so for sure when Gab told Tita Selene that she will understand you." Mom smiled again when I told her that.