CHAPTER 39

"Buzz, buzz, buzz." When my alarm rang, I immediately woke up and turned it off. After turning off my alarm, I slowly got out of bed. I was about to go downstairs to have breakfast. 

When I got down, Manang was surprised to see me awake. She said, "Oh, AA, g-gising ka na agad? Eh 12:00 am pa lang ng madaling araw eh." I said, "Ah yes, Manang, I have to get ready in one hour since it takes another hour to drive to the terminal. I have to arrive at the terminal by 2:30 am, and 5:30 am is our departure time, so that's why I need to wake up this early." 

Manang said, "Ah, ganun ba? Oh sige, maupo ka na para makapag-breakfast ka." I nodded and said, "Okay." After that, I ate breakfast. 

After I had breakfast, Manang said, "Ako na ang magliligpit niyan kaya sige na, umakyat ka na sa kwarto mo para makapag-ayos ka na agad." I said, "Okay, thank you, Manang." Manang smiled at me when I told her that. 

After that, I immediately went to my room to take a shower. After I showered, I put on the clothes I had prepared. When I put on the dress, I fixed my hair, then put on a watch and some perfume.

 After that, I put on my socks and shoes. When I was ready, I carried my luggage and other things downstairs. As I was going down the stairs, I dropped my bag on the floor. 

When I got down, I was surprised to see that Mom was awake. She said, "Good morning, anak." She smiled at me after she said that.

I said, "Good morning too, mom. You're awake already?" She replied, "Yes, I am, because even if I can't take you to the terminal, I want to see you leaving the house and say goodbye before you go." I smiled because of what she said. 

After that, she added, "Just remember what I told you, okay? You will update me on where you are and what happens so I don't worry about you. Do you understand me?" I nodded and said, "Yes, mom." She smiled at me and came closer. 

When she approached, she hugged me. As we hugged, she said, "Take care, okay?" I replied, "I will, and you too." 

After we hugged, I left the house. As I was leaving, she suddenly spoke, "Oh, your Kuya Ogi will take you to the terminal so you don't have to drive." I said, "But what about you? Who will accompany you when you go to work?" 

She replied, "Don't worry about me. Your Kuya Ogi will be home soon, and besides, I don't have work today since it's a holiday, right?" I said, "Oh, right, sorry I forgot." Mom said, "Okay, go ahead, you might be late." 

I said, "Okay, bye." She waved at me and said, "Bye." After that, Kuya Ogi and I put my things in the compartment. 

When we finished, we got inside the car. Kuya Ogi immediately drove, and Manang closed the gate as we left. 

While on the road, I messaged Sam, [Sam, I'm on my way to the terminal.] 

After a while, she replied, [Kami rin, papunta na kami sa terminal. Ingat kayo.] 

I replied, [Thank you, be careful too.] After that, I just smiled.

Kuya Ogi noticed and said, "Wow, aga naman ng ngiti natin sir." I said, "Ah, it's nothing." Soon after we arrived, we immediately got out of the car and took my things and luggage from the compartment. 

I thanked Kuya Ogi, "Thank you sa paghatid, Kuya Ogi." He said, "Wala yun sir, ingat kayo sa byahe." I said, "You too, take care when you go home and mag-iingat din kayo ni Mom, Manang, Sara, and Lyn." 

He smiled at me and said, "Alis na'ko sir." I nodded and said, "Okay, thank you again." After that, he got into the car and drove away.

When he left completely, I looked at my cellphone and saw a message from Sam.