CHAPTER 33

When I got home, I saw mom sitting in the living room. I frowned in wonder. When I approached her, she was looking at a picture of her and her dad.

She turned and looked at me and said, "Oh, AA." She placed the picture she was holding on the table. I sat next to her and asked, "How are you, mom? Are you okay?"

She nodded and smiled at me. She said, "Yes, I'm okay." I just looked at her.

She said, "So how was your conversation with Star?" I said, "It's okay. We just talked, just the two of us. I told her everything. She understood what I told her, even though she was a little shocked by what Dolion did." Mom said, "What about your dad's letter?"

I nodded and said, "I told her that too." Mom nodded. I said, "But her dad should also know, so I told her to tell Mr. Maximillian that you will talk to him tomorrow so that you yourself can tell him about what dad found out." 

Mom nodded, "Oh, okay. You're right. Alright, tomorrow we'll go to Star and Mr. Maximillian then." I asked, "Mom, what about you? Kamusta ang pagpunta mo sa lawyer mo?" Mom said, "It's okay, she told me she will fix it and help us so that Dolion can be imprisoned."

I said, "Well, that's good to know."

After a while, Mom bowed down, and I frowned in wonder. I asked, "Mom, are you really okay? Why do you seem to be feeling a little low?"

She looked up at me and faced me. She said, "Well, Mang Toto's daughter Lucia, the one who helped me remember, came to visit a while ago. She told me that she needed my help because she also needed to help someone who was hypnotized by her father to remember. She told me that I knew that person, so she came to me."

I just kept seriously listening to Mom. Mom said, "Earlier while Lucia and I were talking, someone suddenly came to see me. Your Tita Selene came to visit and asked how I was feeling and doing because she found out that I was taken to the hospital the other day. When I introduced your Tita Selene to Lucia, Lucia said that your Tita Selene is the person she was talking about that she needs to help."

I asked, "Okay, and... what happened?"

Mom said, "Well, when I told and explained what happened to me and what Dolion did, your Tita Selene got a little confused. But even though she was a little confused, she had a hypnosis session with Lucia because she wanted to remember the person she vaguely recalled."

I frowned in confusion. Mom continued, "When your Tita Selene started the session, she remembered who the person she wanted to remember was." I asked, "And who is that?"

Mom said, "Gabi, Gabi Nyx Balit, Star's mom and your dad's friend."

The wrinkles on my forehead slowly disappeared, and I didn't speak. Mom said, "She remembered that Gabi was her long-time friend." I said, "Really? Tita Selene is also a friend of Sam's mom?"

Mom nodded, "Yes, that's what your Tita Selene told me." I couldn't speak. Mom said, "But..." She bowed, and I asked in wonder, "But what?"

Mom said, looking in another direction, "When Lucia said that there is one more person that your Tita Selene needs to remember. Lucia said that he is the one that your Tita Selene once loved, and he is also Gab's father. So, when Lucia helps your Tita Selene to remember, You Tita Selene remembered who it was and when she said that person's name, she said..." 

Mom turned and looked at me again. Mom looked at me and said, "Dolion Hesperia De la Luna is said to be his name."

My eyes widened in shock, "W-wait, w-what? Tita Selene used to love Dolion? Dolion is Gab's father?" Mom nodded and said, "Yes, Dolion is Gab's dad."