CHAPTER 26

When I woke up, I decided to go to the gym, so I immediately got up and got dressed. After getting dressed, I quickly arranged what I was going to bring. As I was leaving, I approached Manang and said, "Manang, I'll just go to the gym." 

She replied, "Ay ganun po ba? Sandali po." She went to the kitchen and seemed to take something. On her way back, she gave me my tumbler and some oatmeal bars. 

She said, "Eto po sir." I said, "Oh, thanks, I almost forgot." When I received what she brought, I immediately put it in my bag. 

After putting it in my bag, I asked her, "Where's Mom?" She said, "Ah, umalis na papuntang trabaho." I replied, "Oh, okay." 

After that, we said goodbye to each other. After saying goodbye to her, I immediately went straight to my car. When I got in the car, I drove to the gym. 

After arriving at the gym, I noticed there were a few other people working out, but I didn't mind. I put my things in a locker and decided to get what I needed. After gathering my essentials, I started to warm up. 

Once I finished warming up, I tried various gym equipment, starting with treadmills, stationary bicycles, stair steppers, dumbbells, barbells, leg press machines, and cable machines. I rested for a while and drank water from my tumbler. After resting, I began manual exercises like using jump ropes, doing burpees, high knees, push-ups, pull-ups, and planking. 

Finally, I relaxed through dynamic stretching and deep breathing. I know that I do a lot of exercising, but it's necessary for my peace of mind and to prevent overthinking. While sitting and resting, I saw a couple working out at the gym. 

Watching them made me think about the past. I remembered when I went to the gym and saw a couple, and how I was still heartbroken because Kayla had broken up with me. I was very sad at that time.

However, looking back now, with everything that has happened, I understand things about Kayla and me better. I found out that Kayla and Ryan used to be in a relationship, but even after discovering that, the three of us reconciled.

I also learned a lot about my parents and friends. I discovered that Dad had an affair, which made Mom very sad and hurt. Although Mom somehow forgave Dad, I know she will never forget what he did to her.

I also learned that my friend Gab became close to Avaline, who I was once arranged to marry. When Avaline and I found out about the arrangement, she was very angry with her parents, and I was upset with Dad, who made the decision without consulting me, which also upset Mom.

It's good that our arranged marriage didn't work out. When I learned that when I found out Sam was not a dream and that he was studying at the same university as me, I was really happy because we got a little closer, especially after that. I discovered that when we tried to find his parents and put together the information we had, it turned out Mr. Maximillian was his real father. 

When Sam and I found out, Mr. Maximillian suggested doing a DNA test. The DNA results confirmed that Sam was indeed Mr. Maximillian's son. I was especially happy for Sam because he finally knew who his real parents were.

However, even though I was happy for him, I was surprised and upset to discover that my father and Sam's father were actually brothers. I was deeply saddened and almost lost hope when Ryan admitted to me that he liked Sam. I felt even more disheartened when I found out about the familial connection between Sam's father and my father.

When I found out about that, I tried to stay away from her. I tried to distance myself because I felt I had to. I needed to stay away from her because if I stayed close, my feelings for her would deepen further.