CHAPTER 34

While we were still sitting and seriously looking at Tito Night, Sam grabbed Tito Night by the shoulder when he noticed that Tito Night was very angry. Tito Night looked at Sam, and Sam said, "Kalma, kumalma ka lang Pa." Tito Night slowly nodded to Sam.

After that, Tito Night took a deep breath. Once he had done that, he looked at the letter again. Tito Night said, "I knew it."

After saying that, he placed the letter on the table. Tito Night continued, "I knew that he wanted to get his inheritance from Dad for a long time." We just kept looking at Tito Night. 

He added, "Dolion often goes to the casino. He always gambles there until all of his money is used up and gone. When his money is gone, he approaches Dad and demands that his inheritance be given to him. Dad didn't agree because he knew it would just be used for gambling." We continued to listen and became interested in Tito Night's story. 

He said, "When Dad didn't agree to give him his inheritance, Dolion got angry. After that, the two of them had a fight, which is why he didn't show up. When I separated from them because Gabi and I were married, our father was left alone. A few days after I left, I heard that our father had died." 

We remained silent and looked at Tito Night. He said, "When I went to our father's funeral, I saw him there. We didn't talk; he didn't pay attention to me at that time. When our father was buried a few days later, we discussed his will. We were told that Dolion's inheritance was less than mine. He got angry with me. He said that I should give him my inheritance from our father. He told me that I couldn't provide a better life for my wife, Gabi, and my daughter, Star, through my hard work and my own ability if I only relied on the inheritance our father gave me. That's what triggered me, so I gave him my inheritance and left, never to show up to him again."

Mom said, "Oh, so that's why he said that you two had a fight before."

Tito Night nodded, "Yes. After I left, I tried to find a job. When I was offered a job in Japan, I didn't hesitate to accept it. That's why I went to Japan and left Gabi and Star here in the Philippines."

I looked at Sam. When I looked at her, I saw that Sam nodded because she understood what Tito Night said. Tito Night said, "I accepted that job to prove that I can give a better life to Gabi and Star by working hard."

Tito Night looked at Sam, and when he looked at her, Sam smiled at him. After that, she looked back at me and my mom.

Tito Night continued, "That's why when something happened to me in Japan and Gabi found out about it, she immediately went to see me and left Star with our friend Jose Lazaro. So Jose Lazaro took care of Star while we were both in Japan. While I was in the hospital, Gabi was working in Japan to pay my hospital bill. When I woke up, I found out that Gabi had come to see me. I tried to ask where she was when I couldn't see her. When I asked my co-workers and her co-workers where she was, they said they didn't know. When I couldn't find Gabi, I went home to visit and get Star from our friend Jose. When I found out that they had moved and that Jose had died, I tried to look for Star in all the places in the Philippines. But after a few months, even years, I still haven't found her."

Tito Night said, "It was a good thing that AA saw and met Star. He met Star and helped my daughter. AA helped my daughter, Star, to find her real parents. And Star did find me because AA helped my daughter. Even though my daughter was the one who found me, I'm still happy because I finally found my daughter."

Tito Night faced me and said, "Thank you, AA. I don't know what I would do right now if I still couldn't find Star. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be able to see my daughter ever again." I smiled and nodded at Tito Night. I said, "It's nothing, Tito Night. I also think that your daughter found me as well. Sam also found and helped me."