Chapter 42

Jackson

Our practice got moved to the physical education building because of some ice skating event that's being held on the rink.
There's a smaller rink in this building that's normally not used but today that's where we have practice.

This is the first time I've been into this building.
Me, Max, Alec, and Elijah are heading to practice together because our last classes were in the same building.
When we start walking through, we pass door after door of some form of class going on.

Alec and Elijah are talking about some of their hookups from this past weekend and I almost chuckle at the thought of all of it.

It's so wild to me that I went from being in that exact position, to getting sick to my stomach just thinking about being with someone else other than Ameeriah.

From yoga to zumba, line dancing to picket ball, we see glimpses of the people in the rooms through the small glass window on the door.

I notice Alec and Elijah making a point to peek into the rooms to see what's going on.

As we keep walking, I suddenly hear Alec behind me. "That may have been the best lay I've ever had."

Without missing a beat, he shoves me slightly and he keeps talking. "Your girl's flexible J, the positions she can get in—"

I don't bother listening to whatever else he has to say.
I turn around abruptly to Alec behind me and grab the collar of his shirt and shove him against the bare walls.

"Woah woah WOAH," he says with wide eyes.
"The fuck are you doing?" Max asks me.

"I was talking about her in class Jackson!" He breathes out quickly. "Like as in that room," he says as he points to the room next to the wall I shoved him against.

Room 112 Pilates

Oh.

I loosen my grip and let him go.

"Maybe I didn't have a long enough pause in between talking about my weekend and talking about her working out. Sorry," he mumbles with a laugh.

I glance into the room she's in.

I notice her immediately.
Her hair in a ponytail, in a headstand.

They start to bend lower and hold their positions.
"I need a cold shower," Elijah mumbles beside me.

"You fucking perverts, don't watch them," I say.
I shove Elijah slightly away from the window, but as I do, they go back to sitting on their mats and I catch a glimpse of the sun shining through the windows, right onto Ameeriah's face and she smiles, when she hears something the instructor says.

Her face lighting up in the most beautifully soft way.
I realize in this moment that I'm so totally, royally fucked.

I'm in love with this girl.

✧∘* ˚.
Thanks for reading!
Have you ever taken Pilates? I took it last semester for a kinesiology class & I actually loved it and that's coming from someone who hates working out