chapter 11: visiting home

Jaanvi:

It had been about an hour since Arya left me alone in his house. I was still getting used to the Goan atmosphere; the houses here were unlike anything I had ever seen in the city. They were small, colorful, and exuded a sense of hospitality. Arya's house was situated on a street directly overlooking the beach, offering a beautiful view of the sea through cute oval-shaped wooden windows.

First things first, as soon as Arya had left, I dragged my luggage up the stairs to my room. The view that awaited me left me speechless. My bedroom was so lovely, small, and cozy, in contrast to the spacious room I had back at my parents' house. It had a small round window on one of the walls, providing a direct view of the beach below. There was a long wooden bed in the center of the room, with panels arranged in a perfect arch from one side to the other. Several pillows of various sizes were scattered across it. Beside the bed, a wooden nightstand was pressed against the wall, painted in muted tones of brown and black, creating a warm atmosphere perfect for winding down at night or getting ready for sleep. An armchair was placed near the closet. The room was beautifully furnished, just like the rest of the house. Shelves and wardrobes were located in the far left corner, attached to a dresser embedded with an oval-shaped rustic mirror.

(Jaanvi's bedroom)

(Jaanvi's bedroom)

The room had an ensuite bathroom with a giant marble tub and countertops. The walls were painted in a light brown color, and the floor was tiled in black and white. On one side of the tub, there was a countertop with a mirror above it, as well as some potted plants for decoration. Towels were neatly folded on top of the countertop. For a small house, the bathroom was definitely roomy.

 For a small house, the bathroom was definitely roomy

(Her bathroom)

Squealing like a little girl, I dropped my bags on the bed and went straight to the bath. I felt so tired after the long hour flight, and a little bit of bath time would definitely be a blessing. I padded to the tub and turned on the water, running my hands on the smooth marble surface as I picked up a bath bomb from the shelf and dropped it into the water. The tub exploded with pink sparkles and foam. I quickly got rid of my clothes and dived right in. I sighed as the cool water caressed my skin, washing off all the exhaustion from my body.