༒+𝐵𝑂𝑁𝑈𝑆+༒

Isabella:

"I can't believe this happened." I tell Tyson over the phone.

It's two days after Christmas and Tyson got a call that both his parents are in the hospital. They were in a car accident. He had to get on a flight to Florida to see his parents.

He sighs on the phone. "I know. It's so weird that this happened, my dad has never been in an accident before, he's a really good driver."

"Maybe someone crashed into them. How are they?"

"The doctor said that they're going to be alright. The injuries aren't that severe." I sigh in relief. "Thank God."

"You should go to bed, it's late." I yawn. "Yeah, you're right. Goodnight Tyson, I'll call you in the morning. Love you." He says it back and I hang up.

I put my phone down on the table and close my eyes. I'm about to drift off but then a loud crash has me jumping out of the bed.

My heart thumps in my chest. I stand up and walk to my door. I need to make sure Tobias is safe. I open the door and tip toe to Tobias' room, I open his bedroom door.

He's still fast asleep with his mouth open and his leg sticking out. I grab his softball bat and shut the door.

I walk downstairs. My bare foot touches the cold wooden surface. My heart continues to beat fast. "Shit." I hear a man's voice grumble in the living room.

I need to attack now, I need my son to be safe. I draw the bat back and swing at the tall figure. But I'm too late as the intruder grabs the bat and yanks it out of my grasp, he spins me around and covers my mouth with his hand.

I scream but it comes out muffled. I thrash around, stamping on his foot and elbowing his gut. He grunts but his grip on me only tightens.

"Shh, you'll wake Tobias up." My body freezes, I haven't heard this voice for such a long time. "I'm going to turn the lights on, and you're going to keep quiet."

He slowly moves away from me. I keep quiet and watch his dark figure move to find the light switch. It can't be him.

The light turns on and all the air leaves my lungs. It's him, it's really him.

"Hello, my angel." He smiles at me.

"I didn't think you had it in you. I might bruise up." He rubs the place where I elbowed him. He looks at me again.

This has to be a nightmare. Any minute now I'm going to wake up. I dig my nails into my palm but all I feel is pain. I don't wake up.

"Why aren't you speaking? Aren't you happy to see me baby?" He opens his strong arms.

The top half of his orange jumpsuit is off showing his white wifebeater and arms full of tattoos. His hair is now cut reaching his shoulders unlike last time.

He puts his arms down when he doesn't see me move. "What are you doing here? How did you get here?" I finally speak.

"I expected an oh my gosh you're here I missed you. This isn't such a warm welcome angel." He sits on the couch and closes his eyes. "My neck hurts." He stretches and groans. "Sorry about your lamp, I didn't see it."