4.

GAIGE

Last night was an extremely crazy night that apparently made me lose track of time along with several missed calls and texts from my mom.

I had completely forgotten all about going going with her to meet her boyfriend, Bruce and his daughter.

I just knew when I woke up this morning I was going to get an earful from her and even if I deserved it, I was not in the mood and hoped I would miss her along with Bruce and his daughter by sleeping off this hangover.

Once I got up and ready for whatever was left of the day, I started making my way downstairs into the kitchen and when I got there, I noticed the fridge door was opened and assumed it was Agatha.

"Hey Agatha." I greeted her as usual.

I was surprised the moment I saw the door closed and saw a sexy full figured curvy girl who looked around my age with long dark hair and who I can only assume was Audrey.

"She went into town to get groceries. I'm Audrey." She introduced herself while holding out her hand.

She was beautiful and I could tell already that she was the innocent type and more than likely a virgin.

"Gaige." I replied while refusing to shake her hand so that she knew right away how things were going to be around here. We would not become friends. "So where's my mom?"

"Her and my dad went out a couple hours ago, but said they would return for dinner." She says.

"Good." I replied coldly.

"Whatever." She mumbled to herself.

She started walking past me and before she left the room, I made sure to tell her how things were going to go.

"Let's get one thing straight. You and I will never be friends and when it comes to my mother dating your dad, don't think that for one second that entitles you to anything here. That includes the fact that if you or your father would even think of trying to use my mother for her money or try and steal anything, I swear I will not hesitate to make you both regret it." I warn her.

"Is that it?" She snapped back at me.

"Excuse me?!" I asked in surprise.

"If you're through giving me your little speech that I know you are only saying because you need to stroke your ego then let me explain to you that my father and I are not users and we don't need your mome's money - we don't need money to buy happiness or people. In fact, this place is way overpriced and a bit flashy, not to mention the fact that I don't want us to become siblings anymore than you do. So if anything, we can just agree to disagree and stay out of each other's way." She explains.

I was taken back to say the least to hear her tell me that because I am not used to being talked back to and feel I have stumbled upon a new unknown territory here.

"Glad to know we agree." I replied as I was unsure of what else I could say.

She turned around and headed upstairs as I remained down here still thinking about what just happened. Then I heard the front door open up and in walked Agatha with a few bags in her hands, before I walked up and grabbed some for her.

"Thanks." She told me.

"You're welcome." I replied.

Once back in the kitchen, I started to help her unpack the groceries.

"Did you just wake up?" She asks.

"A little while ago." I tell her.

"Have you met Audrey yet?" She asked.

"Yeah." I tell her.

"She is very nice, don't you think?" She asked with a smile.

"I don't know. I just met her." I shrugged in reply.

"She is beautiful as well, no?" She mentions.

"Agatha, please." I tell her.

We shared a moment of silence between one another before she mentioned about dinner and began prepping while I went inside the game room until dinner was ready.

I received a text message through halfway of playing a video game from my mom apologizing for how things ended before she left and I apologized as well. Moments after she messaged, I heard the door open and in walked a couple of my friends.

"Hey man!" They greeted.

"Hey guys!" I replied.

After making themselves at home, they began reminding me about tonights plans I had forgotten all about.

"What?" My best friend, Rudy, asks as soon as he notices my expression.

"Sorry. I completely forgot about it. My mom's boyfriend and his daughter came last night and since I didn't go with her to meet them, I have to join them for dinner." I tell them while rolleimg my eyes with annoyance.

"Wow, you gonna have to babysit afterwards?" He teases and causing everybody to laugh.

"Haha." I replied sarcastically. "She is seventeen years old. She doesn't need to be babysat."

"Seventeen, huh?" My other best friend, Isla asked. "Why not bring her along?"

I snapped my head while scowling at her. There is no way I am going to be responsible for her.

"No way!" I snapped at her.

"Why not? I need to have another girl to hang out with besides you guys." She mentions.

"You hang out with plenty of girls too." I reminded her.

"Yeah but it would be nice to get to know her. Especially if she becomes your future step-sister." She smirks.

"There is no way of that happening. Now the answer is no and that is that!" I tell her with finality.

"You're an asshole." She rolled her eyes at me.

We next heard my mother's laughter followed with a male's voice.

"Oooo, let's go meet the happy couple." Rudy teased again.

"Shut the hell up!" I replied while heading towards the door as they followed behind.

When we got out of the room, we nearly collided with them.

"Oh, hey guys." My mother giggled as she greeted us.

"Hi, Ms. B." My friends greeted her with a hug and kiss on the cheek as usual.

We all got introduced to her new boyfriend and after shaking his hand, we all shared a brief moment of awkward silence before I heard my mom suggest my friends stay for dinner.

"Sure. Thanks Ms. B." They said.

"Of course!" She replied with a big smile before we followed her towards the dining table and I right away noticed Agatha and Audrey were in the kitchen laughing together before they came walking out , setting dishes down before Audrey next took a seat and we began to eat.

Agatha has never let me help her cook.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)