31.

AUDREY

When Diana had first asked if I wanted to go out with her and have a girls' day out while my father and Gaige had a guys day out, I was a bit nervous, to be honest.

However, at the same time, I did not want to be rude, so I agreed to go out with her. I must say that it was not nearly as awkward or uncomfortable as I had thought it might be. Instead, I enjoyed it.

I have missed out on having mother and daughter days, and to me, this was just as special. Besides, getting to know her more was quite enticing. She had many great stories to tell me about herself. Near the end of them all, I felt a little inspired.

After returning home and heading upstairs to my bedroom, the moment I walked in and closed the door behind me, Gaige startled me a little when he wrapped both his arms around my waist from behind.

"You scared me." I told him.

"I'm sorry, babe." He apologized before kissing the side of my neck.

I turned around and threw my arms around his neck while we gave each other a kiss before asking one another about how our days went.

After talking for a little while, we both agreed that neither of us wanted to hang out downstairs with our parents home, so instead, we called up Rudy and Isla to hang out, then took off and hung out with them for the rest of the day before heading back to the house.

Throughout the next few days, Diana and my father were back to their normal routine of being out all morning until close to dinner time this time while Gaige and I did the same.

Today, however, I had begun my time of the month and the cramps were really bad. I have always had really bad cramps since I first started and am usually in bed for the first few days at least because of them. The doctors have always given me Aleve and such, but they don't work all the time.

Gaige was very sweet though. He ended up going to the store and buying a couple of grocery bags of things such as personal feminine hygiene products along with drinks, snacks, and candies. He even brought in a heating pad for my stomach as well, then we hung out and watched some movies in my bedroom for a while.

Eventually, I had fallen asleep in his arms, and by the time I had awoke, it was morning, but he was not beside me.

Throughout the next couple of days, things suddenly became awkward.

Gaige was acting different out of nowhere, as he was ignoring me and pretending as if I did not exist.

I was becoming agitated and even messaged Isla to ask her what was going on and she told me she did not know. He had not said a word to them.

Well I for one, was not giving a DAMN as to what has made him suddenly all pissed off at me for, but by God, he was going to tell me.

Now since he has decided to be going out and staying out late since a few days ago, I contacted Isla and forced her to tell me where he was at. Then once she finally had, I next made her take me to where he was at.

I barely waited until she put the car into park before getting out and making my way through the big party that was going on. Isla hurried up beside me as we started making our way through the sea of people until I finally spotted him and stomped my way over.

He was drinking and laughing with a bunch of guys and girls.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I yelled over the music at him after knocking his drink out of his hand.

"What the fuck?" He shouted back with a pissed off look before standing up and getting close to my face.

"You should know!" He stated as he started walking off, taking puffs from his cigarette.

I started following him as he quickly made a sharp turn towards the left and walked up to the bar to order a drink.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Why have you been acting like such an asshole towards me?!" I commanded.

"You and your father can go to hell for all I care! Because after tomorrow, when I show my mother yours and your fathers little scheme, you both will be kicked out immediately onto the streets!" He fired back at me.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I demanded.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head before spotting the bartender as the guy handed him his drink.

"Seriously. I have no clue what you are talking about!" I repeat.

"I overheard your father the other night! I know he is in debt and is using my mother for money so they don't cut off his limbs or nothing! So you can play stupid all you want to, but I could give two shits!" He states before trying to make his way back over to his friends.

"Wait! I swear..." I started to try and explain that I had nothing to do with that or have any knowledge. However, he just ripped his arm from my grip and told me to stay the hell away from him before leaving.

Isla had found me and knew I was upset.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Can you please just take me back to the house?" I asked.

"Of course. Come on." She told me as she put her arm over my shoulders as we began to leave.

I don't understand what is going on still but I sure am going to get to the bottom of all this.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)