24.

GAIGE

Throughout the next few days, I have been trying hard not to think about the idea of Aria reading Audrey's journal because I know what she could do with anything that is embarrassing in there.

I seemed to have been good at distracting Audrey from worrying about it and today I was going to take her on a ride, since Rudy and I have finally finished with the motorcycle after working on it for the past few days.

I had put together a good lunch and grabbed a blanket that I folded then put into the backpack underneath the food and drinks I had in there also.

After Audrey placed it on her back, she got on the bike and wrapped her arms around me from behind and I have to tell you that it is the best feeling in the world.

I have always imagined being on a motorcycle and having a woman with her arms around me as we both hit the road and not worry about anything.

Once we arrived at the spot, we walked hand-in-hand towards inside the abandoned house.

The trees and bushes surrounding the property to add privacy have not been tended to for many years. In fact, none of the house - inside or outside, has been touched for a long time.

This house is a place I would love to own and fix up on my own. It is not as big as a mansion and is located a little far from outside of the Hamptons and has its own private beach view.

"Are we supposed to be here?" Audrey asks while I opened the door.

"Don't worry, nobody else knows about this place." I winked at her while opening the door.

Inside the furniture that was left by the previous owners was still here, only now they were covered in dust and dirt, along with the floor as well as other areas of the house.

After walking towards the back porch, I laid down the blanket first and then as we sat down, I started removing the food and drinks from the backpack.

"How did you find this place?" Audrey asks.

"I came across it a few Summers ago. I took off for a drive one day after my mother and I had some fight about one of her asshole-of-a-boyfriend at the time. The moment I first saw it I can't explain it but, I immediately fell in love with it. This became a place where I could escape and think more clearly about whatever." I start to ramble.

"Wow. So have you tried buying it?" She asks.

"Yeah. In fact, I already did, last Summer. I haven't told my mother yet, but I'm going to wait." I tell her.

"Well, what are your plans for it?" She asks curiously.

"I want to start from scratch and take everything out that the last owners left behind and hopefully make my own life and memories here. Make it my own." I explain.

"That sounds amazing." She comments.

I looked at her and smiled.

"You know, I've never brought anybody here before or have even told anybody else about this place." I confess.

"Not even, Rudy or Isla?" She asks.

"Not even them." I reply.

"Well, thank you for taking me here. And I promise I won't tell anybody." She says.

"I know." I smiled in reply before leaning in and giving her a kiss.

The truth is I have always thought of showing this place to somebody I not only could trust but also my future wife. In which I of course am not thinking about marriage right now or anything like that but still, I feel Audrey is just that special to me.

Besides, who knows about what can happen in the future.

I have spent so much of my life trying to play a certain part that I used to think I wanted to play but eventually somehow seemed to change in the past couple of Summers and now more than ever, because of Audrey.

Audrey makes me not think about the bad shit that could happen to our relationship and has changed my outlook on love different from how I felt or even how I had thought about it before.

She has been turning me into something I never considered was possible for a guy like me before and inspires me to want to become a better person all around.

I want to become everything to her. I find myself even at times questioning if whether or not I could ever be enough for her or make her happy and give her everything she deserves.

Once we finished eating, she sat between my legs and against my chest as we watched the waves of the ocean come crashing down over one another and the sound become our favorite.

This is what I pictured it would be like when I finished putting this place together - sitting on the porch with my girl in my arms as we got lost with one another and did not worry about anything or anybody else but the two of us.

Never thought being a sentimental guy was ever in the cards for me but again, she has changed all of that for me. I want to be her everything.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)