7.

AUDREY

When I woke up today, it was close to noon. I had noticed I got a couple of text messages from Travis asking me if I wanted to join him for lunch. I agreed to meet him at wherever he decided to.

He offered to pick me up but considering how upset Gaige would be, judging from how he reacted to him last night, I decided to play it safe and ask for him to just tell me where and I would meet up with him instead.

After I finished taking a shower then getting ready, I made my way downstairs and was hoping my dad could take me into town.

However, when I got downstairs, I noticed Diana and my dad were heading out the door for the day, so I hurried up to him to ask but instead, Diana was sweet enough to offer me a chance to take one of the cars outside. She told me the keys were already in the car, if I wanted to drive it and after confirming with her to make sure it was okay, I took it and followed them out after she gave me directions.

Once I arrived, I noticed Travis leaning up against a wall against one of the shops and walked up to him.

"You made it." He smiled. 

"Yeah. Sorry I didn't answer you sooner. I slept in." I chuckled.

"It's all good. I hope you're hungry." He says.

"I am, actually." I replied while he held the door open for me and we stepped inside.

After we were seated and gave our order, I started looking around at the decor.

"This place, among others around here, for the most part, have the same type of ambience. Most of them are fancy places and I thought it would be better if we came to this cafe here because I honestly, don't enjoy going to those places. I am not all into that fancy dining and having to dress up sort of thing." He chuckled.

"Me neither. Personally I would not know what to do if I sat down in one of those places and had ten different silverware next to me." I laughed.

"It can be confusing." He teased a little.

Throughout the next couple of hours we laughed, talked and got to know one another. He seemed real nice and it sounded as though we had some things in common as well.

From what I can tell so far, he sounds nothing like I thought he would be like.

We walked around a little before eventually stopping in an ice cream shop and grabbed a couple of cones before sitting outside on a bench.

"I'm having a really good time with you." He says.

"Same." I replied.

"Can I try some of yours?" He asks.

"Yeah." I tell him while moving it closer for him to lean over and take a lick or two but instead, he surprised me and leaned in to kiss me.

When he pulled back, the way he looked at me, I can't explain it. I didn't mind it but yet, something did not feel right about it neither.

"Yummy." He said.

I felt my cheeks heat up a little and knew I had to be blushing. He next put his arm around me as we finished our ice creams then went our separate ways until he would contact me later.

The moment I stepped inside the house, I had gone upstairs to my bedroom, put my earbuds in and started listening to music while writing inside my journal.

To whom it may concern,

Today was a fun day. Travis, who I met last night, took me to lunch today and then got some ice cream before I returned back to the house.
Don't worry, I don't see this going any further than being anything more than two people who are just hanging out with one another.
You know, I was thinking.....

Suddenly, I felt my journal being ripped out of my hands and immediately removed my earbuds as I got up off the bed and tried getting it back from of course, Gaige.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I shouted.

"YOU'RE my problem!"  He snapped at me while holding the journal in the air, enjoying watching me struggle to reach as far up.

"Give that back now!" I demanded.

"Or what?!" He asked.

"Or THIS!" I stated right before pumching him in the armpit and causing him to drop the journal.

"Did you seriously just punch me in the armpit?!" He asked while wincing and trying to hold under his arm.

"It worked." I stated.

"Shit!" He replied as it still was hurting.

"What are you doing in here? This is MY room!" I reminded him.

"Actually it's not. This is NOT your house. And speaking of which, you have no right to ever use my car again!" He told me.

"Your mother was the one who said I could use it, first of all and second, she never even told me it was yours. So why don't you just relax." I snapped back at him again.

"You better have not let Travis drive it or even touch it!" He exclaimed with flared nostrils.

"How did you know I was with Travis?! Have you been following me?" I asked him.

"Hell no! But when I was on my way out to meet up with some friends, I noticed my car was gone, so I got onto my bike and rode around looking for it then spotted you and that douchebag walking out of the ice cream place, laughing!" He exclaimed.

"So? That is none of your business!" I stated.

"It is when you are driving MY car!" He fired back at me. "So for the last time, stay the hell away from my car!"

"Or what?!" I snapped at him, throwing his words back at him.

Right as he stepped forward, I stepped back until I eventually felt myself hit against the wall.

"Or else I'll make you sorry." He said as he moved his head even closer.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)