12.

GAIGE

It was not long after Audrey had gone off to the restroom that Aria found me.

Now I know damn well that Rudy never invited her and yet we all knew in the back of our minds that she somehow would find a way to invite herself.

"Hey there." She smiled at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Hello?! I was invited." She states.

"Yeah, bullshit!" I rolled my eyes while holding onto both mine and Audrey's drink and hoping she returns soon.

I miss us dancing and being that close to her. That perfume she was wearing on invaded my nose and now I can't get it out. Then the way she moved her hips against mine most of the time, eventually I had to stop it because she was making me hard.

"Thanks." I heard Aria as she took one of the cups from my hands and started drinking it.

"That wasn't yours." I told her.

"Who was it for then, your GIRLFRIEND? No wait, your step sister?!" She tried sounding funny.

"She is not my girlfriend and NOT my step-sister. So why don't you just leave." I tell her before taking a drink from my cup.

She then faces me to look at her and places her hand on my chest at first before touching the side of my face where I grab her hand and remove it.

"Are you serious?" She asks.

"Are YOU serious?! What about your bitch-ass-boyfriend, Travis, huh?!" I reminded her.

"Pff. I broke it off with him last night. He's.got nothing on you." She coos.

"Look, you and I had fun before, but I ain't into this." I tell her while looking her up and down before walking away to find Audrey.

Although it took me a while, when I came across a half opened door then heard some things being moved, I hurried inside and closed the door behind me the moment I saw it was Travis and he was trying to hurt Audrey.

I lost it. All I saw in that moment was RED. So I grabbed him, threw him onto the ground before holding him up by his collar a little bit then throwing punches at him as hard as I could until Audrey grabbed my arm and stopped me.

It was a good thing she did too because I more than likely would have killed him.

I was serious when I told her I would handle things and have to admit I was shocked to hear her say what she did, sounding as if she cared - in which I could see she did. It felt good that she felt that way about me after everything that has happened up until now between her and I and how I have treated her prior to it.

The next couple of days, instead of going out, I stayed home with her and we spent some time getting know each other.

Every new thing I was learning about her, intrigued me even more. How could she not see or know how great of a person she is inside and out?

Today I invited Isla and Rudy over to hang out and go swimming.

Instantly, I realized how self-conscious Audrey was the moment she came walking out with a towel around her body and did not want to remove it.

"Aren't you gonna come swimming?" Isla asked her.

"Yeah. I just want to wait a little bit." Audrey replied.

"Girl, it's hot-as-hell! Come on!" She said while waving for her to come join us in the pool.

When she repeated that she would get in eventually, I just took control and got out of the pool then walked over to her and took a drink of water while looking out the corner of my eye at her.

I could tell she was nervous with me standing next to her and she should be.

As soon as I set my bottled water back down I did not hesitate in taking hold of her hands and pulling her up, causing her towel to fall before trying to pull her towards the water.

"Please, no." She insists while trying to resist but is of no use.

"You left me no choice." I tell her, seconds before pulling her into the water with me.

Rudy and Isla cheered with excitement as Audrey gasped for air when she popped up from under the water.

She looked to be a little upset with me while I could not stop myself from laughing. She next quickly swam towards me and we all spent the next several hours swimming around and having a great time hanging out.

When nightfall arrived, we were hanging out in the jacuzzi when Rudy and Isla decided to call it a night. After saying 'goodnight,' they both headed inside the house towards the spare bedroom, leaving Audrey and I alone.

We shared an awkward moment of silence before she broke it.

"I think Rudy and Isla like each other." She says.

"What makes you think that?" I asked curiously.

"The way they looked at each other and how playful they were today." She stated. "Then again, I am not very good at noticing when somebody flirts."

Just by the way she said that, I felt bad for her.

"I hope you don't get offended by me asking this but, have you ever had a boyfriend before?" I asked.

"Yes. He was a jerk though and would rather not talk about him." She says.

I could tell by the tone of her voice that things did not go so good and since I do not want to upset her, I will let it go.

When I look over at her, I noticed her moving her neck side to side and said something I could not stop from leaving my mouth until it was too late.

"Want me to massage your neck?" I asked her.

She looked at me a little unsure for a brief moment before accepting my offer and I was surprised she did, though I'm not complaining.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)