25.

AUDREY

I never took Gaige as being one of those sentimental types and romantic guys but, he has changed all of that for me. Then telling me all that he did as he showed me this house he wants to do up himself and everything, has me falling for him even more than ever before.

Now that I have my journal back I have been feeling more at ease and things seemed to be going great.

The week however had gone by so fast that both our parents return a couple of days from now and I have to be honest, I have really enjoyed having the house to ourselves - the four of us.

Today, Gaige, Isla, Rudy and I decided we would go out and grab a nice lunch somewhere while walking around and exploring more of the sights here.

We were all having so much fun before taking off towards the beach to continue it. We all were playing in the water and Gaige kept grabbing me around the waist and playfully trying to take me under the water with him, between splashing each other.

After a while, Isla and I decided we would lay down and bask in the sun for a few moments while the guys were nice to offer to grab us some snacks and drinks from the house.

Isla and I were laughing at some joke she heard the other day as we heard all of our phones go off to notify us that somebody posted on social media something new. At first we ignored it but then we kept hearing, in particular, just Gaige's go off to let him know he had text messages.

Who in the hell would be messaging him so much?! Just in case it was his mother trying to reach him because of an emergency and since he told me before he did not mind me looking at his phone, I checked it to make sure that everything was alright.....Turns out, things were NOT okay and worst of all, it was Aria.

"Who is it?" Isla asks.

"It's from Aria." I tell her as I begin reading the messages.

ARIA: We had a DEAL Gaige! I returned
that bitch's PRECIOUS diary and
have YET to receive my payment.

ARIA: Do you SERIOUSLY think it is wise
to ignore me?!

ARIA: I know you're reading this! You
better hold up your end of the
bargain or else I swear I will post
EVERYTHING I read!

What the fuck?!

"What?!" Isla asked concerned.

"Uhm..." I began to answer while at the same time trying to comprehend it all.

Seconds later we see the guys have returned and as I stand up to look at Gaige, I tried to compile myself but could not.

"What's the matter?" Gaige asks me.

"I'm gonna ask you something and I need you to be honest with me." I started as I tried holding back the tears.

"What's wrong?" He asks concerned.

"Did you know that Aria had my journal?" I came right out and asked.

"What?" He asks again.

"Don't lie to me!" I snapped a little.

It took him a few moments before he gathered himself together and looked at both Isla and Rudy whom I can tell by their facial expressions, had no knowledge of it.

Next thing I heard was him letting out a breath before beginning to somewhat explain.

"Yes. I knew she had it but, baby, I swear that I tried to get it back." He says.

"And what exactly did you bargain her with?! Sex? Money? Both?! Please tell me because I know what kind of girl she is!" I told him coldly.

"It wasn't anything sexual." He tries to convince me.

"Then what was it? Money?" I asked.

"Not exactly. But it doesn't matter because she can only give empty threats." He states.

"Then what did you bargain her with?!" I asked again in a more demanding tone.

"It's between her and I. But I swear it's not..." He started to tell me that it has nothing to do with anything sexual and yet he can not tell me what it was.

I have heard more than enough. I can not even look at him for another second. So I just slam his phone right into his chest before grabbing my towel and phone then stomping away towards the house and into my bedroom where I locked the doors and closed the curtains before laying in bed and screaming into my pillow with frustration before eventually bursting into tears.

Why is it so difficult for him to just tell me what he bargained her with?! If it isn't sex then what?!

I can not believe this is happening in the first place.

Maybe him and I was a mistake. Maybe I have been too blindsided by the thought of him truly being a nice guy that has the bad boy image and not the mentality of one, including being a player. But guess I was wrong.

Summer will soon be over and at the rate my father is going with his mother, who knows how much longer I will be forced to stay here and be around him more.

I have to find a way to break up my dad and his mom. We have lost sight of all that and now, I think more than ever, it is needed.

What a Summer this has surely turned out to be.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)