2 Years Later

GAIGE

It's been two years since Audrey and I got back together. Well, I guess you could say it has been more like a year in a half, but New Year's is coming back around and we are all continuing to do our normal tradition by going to Times Square and wwtching the ball drop only this year, I had made sure to get us reservations at a very nice and luxurious hotel suite that has the perfect view of the ball just feet away from our balcony.

Throughout this time of Audrey and I being back together, I have to admit that because of her, my life more than likely would have never changed for the better.

I am glad that we have taken things slow and that now it feels as though we are in a better place and stronger relationship then before. It is almost as if we have both grown together. I know I have grown a lot more in these last couple of years being with her.

I had enrolled into the same college as Audrey and get to see each other every day.

Something seems to happen when you separate from somebody you love and care about. It gives you time to reflect on many things and can sometimes turn out  for the better. In my parents case, things didn't go so well but in mine and Audrey's, the time apart, although painful at times, I still feel it helped me realize just how much worse I would be off, if I did not have her in my life again.

It is never easy going after what you want but then once you get it, it makes all the bullshit you went through - worth it.

"Baby, you ready?" I hear Audrey call for me.

There she is just standing there upon the balcony, waiting for me to be the man she has helped make me become. There is the woman I plan to spend the rest of my life with.

***********************************
AUDREY

Nearly two years have gone by since Gaige and I have been back together and I could not be happier.

I never believed it would work out, seeing as to what happened, however, we both have seemed to grow with one another and I have realized just how much he means to me.

I needed for him and I to not rush into things right away. I needed to be sure I was also ready to not just be with him, but be with somebody, in general.

Maybe I was just trying real hard not to fall so fast for him again because the fear of feeling that pain once more. Either way, things seem to be going good and in the end, I think everything will be fine.

My father and I do still speak and both him and Gaige have seen one another just once - when my father came to visit for the Holidays.

Things of course, were awkward and there was still tension Gaige had towards my father but somehow, they found a way to move on.

Every entry in my journal now has been more positive and brighter about the future.

Now we are back here in New York on New Year's Eve, being able to watch the ball drop only within much closer distance than before and this time, we have an option to sit down and watch it, in a luxurious and warm hotel suite.

Isla and Rudy are still together, my friends each have somebody to share a kiss at midnight with as well and we all are enjoying the entire experience together.

There was only ten minutes until the countdown would begin, so we all headed out onto the balcony and looked over at the crowd below.

"Oh my God!" I heard one of my friends say.

"What?" I asked them before looking in the same direction as them and noticing on one of the big screens across the way that normally displays ads and promotions for plays and such, had something that left me speechless as it displayed:

      Audrey, will you marry me?

I felt my entire body stand frozen and unable to move. But then as soon as I turned to my side, I noticed already, kneeled on one knee with a small box opened that showed the most beautiful ring I had ever seen or could imagine.

"I don't know if this is too soon." Gaige began. "But I wanted to take a chance. We have been through so much together in just a couple of years but, there is nowhere else I would rather be and nobody else, I'd rather grow old with. Marry me?" He finished.

I could tell my friends were all quiet and somehow seemed to drown out the noise from down in the streets as well while I tried to pull myself together and give an answer.

"Yes. Of course I'll marry you." I smiled.

He had the biggest smile on his face that I had ever seen him have before as he put the ring on my finger and quickly got back up, wrapping our arms around each other and kissed.

Suddenly the loud cheers and noises coming from now my friends but also from down in the streets became deafening and I noticed out the corner of my eye, there was a camera on us and everybody watched the entire thing.

Immediately I could feel my face heating up and knew I was blushing like crazy. We hel each other tight and pressed our foreheads together until the countdown started then we all excitedly yelled the numbers down until we all screamed 'HAPPY NEW YEARS!' Confetti and party streamers were in the air everywhere. People were kissing, jumping up and down and excited.

This year was already ending on a great note but THIS just happened to top all the New Year's before and the New Year's to come.

                        The End

Alright guys!! Again, thank you for patience, understandimg and always commenting and voting as well as overall being the awesome and amazing supportive fans that you are towards me and hope that you all have enjoyed another great adventure. I will soon (next week) be posting chapters for a new story and will be sure to announce when that is up on my Message Board. 😊 So again, I love you guys! :) hope you enjoy the next ones. 😁💜😊🤗