33.

AUDREY

This has to be some kind of a nightmare. None of this could possibly be happening!

After everything that has happened at the club, I knew I needed to get to the bottom of everything. So I pulled my father aside today and despite how hard things will be (no matter what the answer is), I know I need to find the truth.

However, after I woke up and got ready for the day then made my way downstairs to try and speak with him, I immediately heard both him and Diana, arguing with each other.

I came to an abrupt stop halfway down the stairs and tried to back up slowly and quietly, but it was to no use since they saw me.

My father called out to me.

"Audrey!" He said.

I just closed my eyes and took in a quick deep breath before continuing to make my way down the stairs.

"What is happening?" I asked him as I noticed Diana trying to hide her frustration and tears. "Tell me the truth!" I demanded.

He looked away from me for a moment, as if it were too hard to look at me while struggling at the same time to explain.

"Princess..." He started.

"What have you done?!" I demanded a little louder.

"I-I..." He started but stopped.

"Tell me it isn't true! PLEASE tell me you didn't use her to pay off some debt with some line sharks or whomever!" I stated.

He looked back at me hurt and yet confused.

"How did you...." He started until I cut him off.

"Know?! Gaige told me how the other night he overheard you talking with somebody about oweing them money or something along those lines and how desperate you sounded. How could you?!" I demanded while struggling even more now to hold back the tears, pain and anger I was feeling.

"Audrey, I'm so sorry." He says with much guilt in the tone of his voice.

"I want you both to leave my house, no later than tonight." Diana says, rather coldly. Yet, I do not blame her.

"Of course." I tell her.

I wanted to make her understand that I truly had no idea what he was doing. However, I can see that it does not matter.

It is too late. There are not enough words to express how sorry I am and believe it is for the best that him and I just leave.

After a couple of hours packing, my father called me from downstairs, at the same time I was finishing texting Isla and apologizing.

She promised to stay in touch and tried telling me things will be alright. In which I appreciated for the optimism but I know this is the end of everything.

I grabbed my messenger bag and suitcase before heading towards downstairs.

The moment I walked out of my bedroom, I noticed Diana's bedroom door open up and saw Gaige walk out, shutting the door behind him.

We both looked at one another, right away creating a moment of awkwardness.

He avoided eye contact with me, so I just walked past him and went downstairs, not being able to stop the tears from falling anymore down my face.

In the back of my mind I was hoping he would stop me. Then the rational part of me kicked in immediately and reminded me that this was not a scene from a story. This in fact was real and was the last time I would ever see him again.

After finally getting into the car, I wiped away by tears while looking out the window and forced myself to stop showing any emotions so that I did not have my father ask me what was wrong when I did not want to speak to him at the moment. In fact, I'm not sure I will EVER forgive him for this, let alone talk to him ever again.

Throughout both the airplane to the cab to when we eventually arrived at our house, I did not speak to him and instead just went straight to bed, locking my bedroom door behind me before crying myself to sleep at some point.

I have to find some way to get out of here. And since the whole college idea is on pause for now, I know I'm going to have to try and get a job again to help fund my way towards college, but I don't mind.

Right now all I want to do is forget about the past couple of months and pretend it was all one big nightmare instead.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)