Solo songs

Soyeon released her first solo album the day before her twentieth birthday. It's called "Stay Silent". The album is about how despite everything she went through, she remained silent about it. It contains all of her solo songs, which weren't a lot but she'd been working on them and revising them for years. Tears Of The Damned was the title track. It had twelve songs total on it and caused some controversy that she didn't care about. Both clean versions and explicit versions of the album are available to buy, and the clean version only has eleven songs. She doesn't care if the Korean verses don't rhyme but when it comes to the English verses it annoys her if they don't.

Maknae Comes First (Ft. Han and Lee Know) - after Jeongin released "Maknae On Top" Soyeon wanted to prove that she is also number one maknae, so she released a song saying that in the group, the maknae will always come first. Half of Stay will sing "MAKNAE COMES FIRST OH WOAH Y'ALL HAVE IT WORSE OH WOAH CUZ MAKNAE COMES FIRST" whenever maknaes come up while the other half sings "Maknae On Top". She wrote and sang it to the same tune as Jeongin and hers features Lee Know and Han.

Tears Of The Damned - The title song for Stay Silent, Tears Of The Damned is about how no matter how hard he cries and begs for forgiveness, her father lost Soyeon's love years ago. The chorus is how he reached out to her, sobbing, and apologized profusely, saying he was an alcoholic and had he been thinking clearly he would've never hurt her. Despite his tears and apology, Soyeon told him he was damned the minute he first hit her mother, and was never welcome back in her life. It's in a mix of English and Korean. Fans aren't sure who the song is about but the lyrics concerned many, and most assumed it was about her father. You reach out to me crying your eyes out/You beg me to come home/You tell me had you never drank you never would've hit me/You tell me you're sorry and want me back/I tell you you were screwed the minute you hit her/I tell you tears won't change a thing/I tell I never want to see you again/I tell you wipe away the tears of the damned She never talks about the song, but she is willing to play it in her livestreams.

Moonshine - Moonshine is about how the moon shines at night and makes the stars look dim. Even in the darkest hour it will shine. So no matter what, Soyeon wants to shine like the moon.

Player - Player is a song about a player sung in all English. Many fans think it's a lesbian love story while others argue it's probably a third person point of view. The lyrics that cause the most questions are in the chorus and pre-chorus. Don't let her play with your heart/The way she played with mine/ It'll take you back to the start/It'll mess with your mind/'Cause she's player/She plays with your love/Yeah she's a player/Disguised as Venus's dove/No she's a player/She'll play with you heart/And then she'll dump ya/As soon as you've done your part Since she says the girl in the song, the player, played with her heart, some fans think it's about an ex-girlfriend. Soyeon has neither confirmed nor denied these rumors, but it is in fact about a girl she dated in high school.

Nightmare Dressed As A Dream - Moon found out a lot of fans were in love with her. She argued she wasn't worthy of that love and eventually released a song saying that while she may seem sweet and innocent, behind locked doors she becomes a very different person. A person who's insecure and struggles, and will shut people out until they convince her not to. Despite the warning the song issued, it made more fans love her.

Beautiful Heart - Beautiful Heart is about how her members take care of her. She dedicated the song to Seungmin since after she relapses he's always there to help her. Despite everything she puts him through he helps her even if it's the middle of the night. The lyrics thank him for having such a beautiful heart. She admitted that it was in fact about her self-harm and it made Seungmin more popular after it was released.

Slutty Bitch - this song is not featured on the clean version of the album, but it is among Soyeon's favorites. It is common knowledge at the age of seventeen her father killed her mother. Devastated, Moon rebelled. She got five tattoos and multiple piercings, and she dyed her hair dark colors with streaks. It wasn't uncommon to find her drunk or smoking, and it increased her hate, but she kept up in school and did her job well so JYP cut her some slack. The thing she is least proud of is during the year she rebelled, Soyeon slept around a lot. At least twice a week she wouldn't return to the dorms as she would be with somebody in their bed. One fan was so mad at her they called her a slutty bitch, and once Soyeon got through everything and stopped doing those things, she wrote the song about the time she would sleep with people. The one line fans are confused about is where she apologizes for finding "him" drunk and throwing herself at him. While fans are unaware of who the man is, the members all know it's Hyunjin, who she slept with once and then instantly regretted the next morning. She got involved in a scandal because of the song though where she said she doesn't care if she sleeps with a boy or a girl.

The Choi Siblings - The Choi Siblings is a fan-favorite song, and a song the Chois themselves love. It gives a quick verse about each of Moon's four siblings and her relationship with them. It includes being raised by her older sister Mi-Ra, watching out for Jae Hoon, and of course being one with her twins Hyung-Sik and Chae-Ri. All four of her siblings are featured in it and it's a rap song, proving that despite not being the best at rap, with her siblings Moon can accomplish anything. It's about how they went through it all together and because of that nothing will break the bond they share.

Nap Time - Nap Time is about her father drugging her so she would pass out if she ever upset him and he didn't feel like wasting energy hitting her. This led to her fear of medication as he often drugged her and he would give her the wrong medicine when she was sick to make her worse so she wouldn't be in his way. She spent a lot of time drugged and knocked out so she dubbed the experience Nap Time since people often asked why she slept so much, when it was simply her being drugged. International fans thought it was a lullaby until they read the translated lyrics. The last line begs her father to spare her life, unlike he did "hers". The girl Soyeon referenced was her younger sister Annabelle (Korean name Aruem) who her father killed when the girl was just eight. Soyeon is begging him to drug her or hit her but to not kill her like he did Areum.

Tear Streaks - In all English, Tear Streaks is about how when she was fifteen and her brother was ten, Moon moved to Korea with Mi-Ra since the two were the most abused. Jae Hoon was so upset to see Moon leaving that he couldn't stop crying. She held him and comforted him, and at the end she wiped away his tear streaks so no one would know he cried. She assures him in the song that she will only be a phone call away and no matter what she's doing, she'll drop it for him. She says she will always be there to wipe away his tear streaks. She ends the song by saying "I only ask you wipe away mine too"

Sundown - the song has a happy tune and vibe, so when people translate the lyrics they get quite a shock. Despite its cheerful tune, the song is about death. Moon uses the word sundown to refer to when the day ends, meaning when the sun goes down for her, it'll be the end. The song sounds playful, with the lyrics saying she'll keep going since it's not sundown yet and she has more time to play, but it means that when her own sun goes down and she has nothing bright left in her life, she'll be gone like the sun and die. But she still has the sun in her life and has more time left to live.

Filled With Hate - this song was the most controversial. Moon wrote it when she was eighteen and some people thought it was too angry for a young girl to be singing. It has the most cuss words, both in English and Korea, but she does sing a clean version for the album. The lyrics are about how much she hates her father for killing her mom and abusing his own kids. It actually features all four of her siblings. They all have lines for the song, which is the longest out of them all, and are in the video too. This is her favorite song because it was a release for her and allowed her to move on from her resentment.