Fight

Soyeon was watching TV while playing on her phone when loud voices were heard. She tried to tune them out but they kept getting closer.

"Well maybe if you weren't such an idiot this wouldn't have happened!" Han yelled.

"This is your fault!" Changbin hollered back.

Their fight continued, and memories began surfacing.

Her eyes glazed over and the phone fell from her hand, hitting the carpet with a soft thud.

She brought her knees to her chest and started rocking back and forth and silent tears streamed down her cheeks, her hands covering her ears.

Hyunjin, who was in his room at the time, heard the fight and realized Soyeon probably could too.

He instantly got off the bed and ran out of the room.

Soyeon still had her knees against her chest but held her left arm out in front of her. Used to blaming herself for her parents' fights, she held a knife with her other hand and had it pressed against her forearm. Her hand shook as she made the first cut.

"Moon, stop!" Hyunjin called.

Han and Changbin looked at him, pausing their fight.

"What?"

Hyunjin ignored them and ran to Soyeon, who had looked up at her name.

"What are you doing?" Han asked as soon as he saw the knife in her hand.

She stared at them blankly, unable to process anything except that it was her fault they were fighting, that her father would storm in in a few minutes and hurt her, that she would find her mother crying.

"Give me the knife," Hyunjin said gently, but Soyeon shook her head.

"I-it's my fault," she gulped and made another cut.

"No it isn't!" Hyunjin assured her. "They're fighting about a mistake in their song, Moon, not you."

"You didn't do anything," Changbin agreed as he walked over to the girl.

"I'm so sorry, Moon," Han said as he squatted by the girl.

Soyeon reluctantly allowed Hyunjin to take the knife from her hand and he handed it to Han immediately. The boy ran to put it in the kitchen and Hyunjin pulled Soyeon into him for a hug. She cried into him as she trembled.

At Hyunjin's yell, Seungmin had come out of his room too and saw Soyeon.

Her arm was already cut up and bloody, and she was surrounded by Hyunjin, Changbin, and Han who had just returned.

He went to the girl and looked at her. "This isn't your fault, Moon. Look around, So. No one here will hurt you. Okay? Breathe, honey. You'll be okay."

Taking in his words, Soyeon took some deep breaths and pulled away from Hyunjin.

"I-I'm sorry," she said quietly.

"It's our fault," Changbin said. "We know better than to fight around you. We're the ones who're sorry."

Han nodded in agreement.

"Now come on," Seungmin said and helped her up. "Let's clean those up."